604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
PHARMACEUTICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Enthusiastic and diligent salesperson who is customer service and results oriented. Over 7 years of experience in Sales, Marketing and Hospitality, courting Fortune 500 companies and building a strong repeat business of premium-priced products. Special expertise in forming long-lasting relationships due to attention to detail and providing personalized, upbeat service. Proponent of systems and technical solutions to improve productivity, reduce administrative tasks and increase selling and customer service time. Always looking for creative ways to meet diverse client needs.
RIVER RUN GOLF CLUB, BERLIN, MD
2003 - Present
SALES & EVENT MANAGER
• Grew golf and event sales to $1.3 million direct contribution to profit within 3 years, with an 18% increase in average rate, golf rounds tripled, and catering revenue doubled.
• Built repeat sales and repurchase/rebook client rates to 90-95% within 3 years.
• Achieved highest area market share with 12,000 golf rounds per 8 month season.
• Established bulk passes program to facilitate corporate purchase of these transferable, pre-paid rounds. Generated $110,000 in revenue.
• Developed all sales materials and collateral. Wrote copy, compiled history, took photographs, scanned images, and created several versions of sales kits that can be customized to the client's needs. Bought software and created electronic versions that can be instantly sent to prospects via email to increase likelihood of immediate sale.
• Sourced local printer through networking and negotiated deal to get full color collateral materials printed despite extremely limited marketing budget.
• Initiated a direct mail campaign and promotional ideas despite limited marketing budget. Took own photographs and delivered half of the mailing via email to save dollars and cater to customer preferences. Created idea to have valet tickets in local Marriott's promote River Run Golf Club.
• Prepared annual business marketing plan for event sales and the food and beverage department, including goals, review of business and annual budget.
• Created ongoing competitive analysis process and systems. Critically assess practices, services, prices, facilities, amenities and operational considerations versus area competition. Recommended immediate changes to improve and outshine competition.
• Developed specs and requirements for new office computer system. Sourced vendors, negotiated purchase and set up office network to facilitate quicker and more efficient data and communication.
• Enhanced office and personal productivity by automating administrative details. Created intricate database system that creates complete client file in single location. Includes contact, billing and history with all records of conversations and agreements attached to the contract in database. Single process generates personalized emails, thank you notes, and client evaluations. Reduced the need for secretarial support and increased selling and customer service time.
• Eliminated lost leads and lost opportunities. Devised new system for lead tracking to reduce lost and incomplete leads. New form and tracking database enables other managers to gather essential information for effective sales follow up on 300-500 leads per year.
• Developed new procedure to evaluate event headcount attrition and overage to ensure accurate account billing, and manage efficient use of inventory/tee times. Crafted new spreadsheet to track event performance and profitability, and used analysis to improve forecasting, billing and scheduling procedures.
• Introduced pricing flexibility model to maximize profits while balancing customers' budgets. Use historical data, competitive information, Marriot's master database and knowledge of the customer's business to set pricing tiers and adjust as necessary. Focus on upselling repeat customers for new services.
• Created customized Power Point sales presentation targeting top-tier hotels. Presentations to hotel sales managers and sales teams resulted in an immediate 35% referral return rate.
• Grew River Run Marriot hotel referral business 70% within 5 months. Secured access to hotel reservation system, identified prospects, contacted them directly and offered golf incentive packages for their event.
• Developed and cultivated stronger referral business through key recommenders. Researched databases of meeting planners and hospitality professionals, destination management companies and developed targeted list of prospects. Created "Hospitality Invitationals," events with lunch, golf and dinner plus prizes as a way to introduce and experience the property and high level of service.
• Created annual "Client Appreciation Event" with luncheon, awards dinner, raffles, and gifts. Former clients are invited to bring guests and decision makers. Contributes to high annual re-booking rate of top customers.
• Introduced thank-you follow-up promotional gifts for clients customized to their personalities, hobbies and interests. Select, purchase and distribute name brand golf merchandise or gift certificates for favorite non-golf stores and restaurants.
VIRGINIA OAKS GOLF CLUB, GAINESVILLE, VA
1998 - 2001
TOURNAMENT SALES DIRECTOR
Reported to Director of Golf and ran/managed up to 100 tournaments annually for this semi-private facility.
• Grew business 30% in outing rounds and 11% in average rate paid per round.
• Developed annual marketing/action plan and budget with ideas for increasing database contacts, increasing presence in the community and creating unique events to bring prospects to facility.
• Created administrative and pro shop standard operating procedures, complete with checklists, flowcharts and budget-tracking spreadsheets for more efficient tournaments and follow up.
• Developed information packet for prospects with Rolodex cards, forms, rates, photos and menu ideas. Distributed collateral to lead referral sources, business development, tournament coordination, and tournament operations.
• Crafted and analyzed competitive and former customer surveys to improve services.
THE PGA TOUR, LAKE MANASSAS, VA
THE PRESIDENTS CUP, SALES AND MARKETING INTERN
Attended to needs of corporate sponsors, supported media personnel, assisted tournament players and VIP tournament guests, and contributed to course preparation and set-up for this prestigious international golf tournament. Observed firsthand the need and expectations for detail-oriented service among high level/celebrity players, corporate clients & international dignitaries.
• Cold-called major corporations to secure sponsorships and generated leads for sales team.
• Led volunteer recruitment, registration and training efforts.
• Created comprehensive area Information Handbook for volunteers to improve service to guests.
• Handled multiple area consignment ticket operations and reconciliation of funds.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA
Communication Studies with a Concentration in Public Relations
Master Negotiations - The Corporate Performance Institute
Foundations of Leadership - Marriott Management Training
Effective Presentations - Marriott Management Training
Sales and Service Foundations - Marriott Management Training
Effective Selling - Cobblestone Golf Corporation
Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
ACT! 2000 - Database Software
Lotus Office Suite
PALM 3M Applications
Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International (HSMAI)
Greater Washington Society of Association (GWSAE)
Greater Reston and Fairfax County Chambers of Commerce
Meeting Planners International (MPI)
Meetings Industry Ladies Organization (MILO)
PARTIAL CLIENT LIST
IBM, UPS, AOL, American Management System, Verizon, Dyncorp, Lockheed Martin, Bank of America, Capital One, EDS, Marriott Witt, Goldman Sachs, Solomon Smith Barney, Merrill Lynch, American Express, Accenture, The Reasons, DC United, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Microsoft, Deloitte & Touche, Raymond James, Sunkist Bank, General Motors, Lexus, Sallie Mae, Safeway, TechData, Principal Residential Mortgage, The Hartford, Oracle, National Geographic Television, Molson USA, Johnson Lambert, Kimberly-Clark, ING, Co, Grant Thornton, General Dynamics, PEC Solutions, Entrust, The Securities Exchange Commission, The National Institute of Health, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Suntrust Bank, First Union Bank - Commercial Division, The Capital Financial Group, Equant, ExxonMobil, Johnson Lambert & Company, Nissan USA, The Washington Redskins
Glaxo-Wellcome, Pfizer, Schering Labs, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Weyeth, G.B. Elion, Knoll, Janzen, Merck, Chesapeake Surgical Ltd, Aventis
The Korean Embassy, the French Embassy, the Australian Embassy, the Japanese Embassy
Kenyon & Kenyon, Greenblum & Bernstein, Odin Feldman Pittman, Holland & Knight, Covington & Burling, Bean Kinney & Korman, LLP., Dyer Ellis & Joseph, Reed Smith Hazel & Thomas, Wilmer & Cutler
Senator Hutchinson, Congressman DeLay, Congressman Cubin, Congresswoman Dunn, Senator Daschall, Senator Dorgan, Congressman Faleomavaega, the National Republican Congressional Committee, the Democratic National Committee, The National Republican Senatorial Committee
SCAN (Stop Child Abuse Now), the Ronald McDonald House, American Cancer Society, American Skin Cancer Foundation, United Way, the Alzheimer's Association, the Northern Virginia Urban League, Fairfax Partnership for Youth, the Susan G. Koman Foundation, Youth For Tomorrow
The American Bar Association, Virginia Association of Medicare Brokers, Virginia State Power Association, Virginia Dental Association, the American Lighting Association, Associated General Contractors of America, American Trucking Association, Association of American Railroads, Fairfax County Medical Society, American Association of Political Consultants
Everyday guests to host rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions and parties
PRWRA Gail Frank - Frankly Speaking - Tampa, FL 33626 - http://www.callfranklyspeaking.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - (813) 926-1353 - (813) 926-1092 fax