604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Seeking a corporate management position in which extensive administrative management and client relations, excellent computer skills, outstanding business communication abilities, and a record of successful accomplishments in previous positions will be of value.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Well-developed communication skills demonstrated through training and motivation, extensive public relations, the ability to design and produce effective presentations and proposals, quickly acquiring and teaching technical information, conducting in-depth workshops, group speaking abilities, generation of reports and memos, ability to work well with key clients, project management, marketing campaign coordination, contract negotiations, and focused business communications.
• Knowledgeable in computer operations and applications including IBM-PC, Microsoft Windows 95 / 98, Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Publisher, Windows NT Server, Adobe, Act!, as well as use and setup of scanners, laser and DeskJet printers, fax machines, copiers, 10-key, Internet, and e-mail.
• Consistently noted by senior management, staff, clients, and customers for superior detail-oriented management skills, ability to prioritize tasks to accomplish maximum results, timely completion of projects, and ability to solve organizational problems with innovative solutions.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROFESSIONALS, Deer Park, Texas
1989 - Present
• Responsible for all aspects of office administration and general business operations for an environmental services, emergency spill cleanup, and remediation firm with 200+ employees, coordinated office operations, including client reception, general information services, and answering multi-line phones.
• Supervised an office staff of 10, managed accounts receivable and payable, processed disbursement memos and check requisitions, managed databases of billing / payment transactions, and maintained physical files of bills and receipts.
• Managed all general accounting functions, track banking transactions, madedaily deposits, managed petty cash, track all financial records and reporting, and created monthly projections and end-of-month summaries. Oversaw payroll utilizing a payroll service interface program, including time card approval, calculation of weekly hours for each employee, and maintaining personnel files.
• Coordinated all general record keeping, monthly reports, OSHA review, and accident / injury reports. Additional duties included purchase and setup of PC systems, hardware, and software, company-wide network and troubleshooting, and operation / purchasing of all office equipment.
• Received corporate recognition for successfully moving office to new location in 1997.
JEWEL'S, Houston, Texas
1982 - 1989
Assistant Manager / Trainer
• Assigned to all management duties and served as Acting Manager in absence of Store Manager. Responsible for all aspects of daily store operations, including maintaining Grocery Department standards, implementing scanning registers and pricing, merchandising, shrinkage, and customer and employee safety. Coordinated inventory control, vendor relations, ordering, and special requests.
• Assisted General Manager in scheduling employees and budget control. Additional duties included supervision of front end customer service, scheduling checkers, handling cash and check transactions, counting register, and store closing procedures.
• Directed security, store safe, and receipt of transport deliveries. Supervised cashiers, handled orders, coordinated vendor relations, and developed merchandise displays. Solved customer service issues, scheduled employees shifts and breaks, balanced cash drawers, and completed all necessary paperwork.
FARMER'S INSURANCE, Houston, Texas
1978 - 1982
• Processed Life and Health insurance policies, gathered customer information, collected premiums, and coordinated with agents, underwriters, customers, and management.
SEARS, Houston, Texas
1972 - 1978
• Responsibilities included processing product information, assisting buyers and management staff, conducting inventory, submitting reports, and other duties as assigned.
NEW HORIZONS COMPUTER SCHOOL, Houston, Texas
Computer Technical Studies
HOUSTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Houston, Texas
UNIVERSITY of HOUSTON, Houston, Texas
PRWRA Grant Cooper - Strategic Resumes / YWW - New Orleans, LA 70118 - email@example.com