Pharmaceutical Sales Professional
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales & Account Management Professional
Pharmaceutical Sales Professional noted for cultivating new business, broadening penetration within accounts, and achieving closure upon completion of presentation. Relationship builder with wide range of physicians, pharmacists, health care professionals, and hospital and clinic administrators in the area of Neuroscience.
Thirty successful years in the promotion of pharmaceutical products with sales and account management expertise and the perseverance to succeed in all endeavors. Accomplished in identifying and capturing market opportunities to accelerate expansion, increase revenues and improve profit contributions.
Exceptional presentation, negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills, along with positive rapport among healthcare and business professionals throughout the industry. Work closely with team members and specialty representatives to coordinate plans, strategies and programs. Create business plans, including targeting lists, to better analyze data on a routine basis and more effectively utilize resources.
Areas of Expertise
· Key Account Acquisition & Retention
· New Account Prospecting
· Goal Attainment & Revenue Growth
· Presentation & Communication
· Product Imaging & Promotion
· Scheduling & Time Management
· Negotiation & Influential Selling
· Product Information & Education
· Trade Show Exhibitor
· Strategic Sales & Market Planning
Professional Work History
ABBOTT LABORATORIES, Abbott Park, ILL
1972 to 2002
Senior Neuroscience Sales Representative
1992 to 2002
Marketed neuroscience products including Depakote/Depacon, Prosom, and Cylert to mental health clinics, physicians, and hospitals.
· Significant involvement with the New Orleans and Shreveport Veterans Administrations switch to Depakote (from Valproic), which resulted in $250,000 annual sales.
· Instrumental in the inclusion of Depakote to the LA State Formulary for state mental hospitals and state mental health clinics, which became the most widely used drug for bipolar disorders.
· Solely responsible for the inclusion of Prosom to the State Hospital Formulary.
· Formulary responsibility for Depakote for Alexandria, LA Veterans Administration, key hospitals from Beaumont, TX to New Orleans, LA, and LA Medicaid.
· Abbott Representative to Ochsner Psychiatry Residency Program, 1992 to 1996.
· All Star Award – Top 10 in Region.
Expansion Sales Force, South and Central LA
1990 to 1992
Sold Hytrin (blood pressure) and sleep disorder pharmaceutical products to institutions, Urologists, and physicians.
· Special Project - Solely responsible for in the inclusion of Hytrin to the Fort Polk Formulary
· Achieved a Market Share for Hytrin Prescriptions
Sales Representative, Southwest LA
1985 to 1990
Marketed pharmaceutical products, diagnostic tests, and diagnostic equipment to physician’s offices and clinics.
· All Star Award - Top Ten in Region, which included sales of diagnostics and pharmaceuticals.
· All American Awards (3) - Top Sales or Increase of Sales in Region for Tranxene.
Sales Representative, South LA
1972 to 1985
Recruited as a sales representative to market the entire pharmaceutical product catalog and some OTC products to physicians, hospitals, mental health clinics, drug store, and drug wholesalers throughout south Louisiana.
· Selected to consult with the marketing department on developing the best selling strategies for Tranxene, which became Abbott’s most profitable product.
· Instrumental in the inclusion of Tranxene on the LA State Contract.
· All American Awards (14) – Top Sales or Increase of Sales in Region.
· All American Awards (4) – Top Sales or Increase of Sales in Nation.
· All Star Awards (6) – Top Ten in Region.
· National Award – “Best In Country.”
· Served on Advisory and Consulting Panel for Tranxene.
LICENSED PHARMACIST– State of Louisiana
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA-MONROE PHARMACY SCHOOL, Monroe, LA
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
Louisiana Pharmacy Association, Past Member
Beaver’s Club, Past Member
Judy Arabie - Just Your Type, Inc. - Résumé Manager - http://www.justyourtype.com - firstname.lastname@example.org