Law Enforcement Software Developer
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Combining my law enforcement background and my computer programming experience to create law enforcement software which will maximize coordination, cooperation, and efficiency; while maintaining human interaction.
• Over 30 years' progressive experience in law enforcement.
• Law enforcement background with knowledge of the software requirements for creating coordination, cooperation, and efficiency while keeping human interaction intact.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in developing macros and software programs.
• Logical, analytical, detail oriented, intelligent, and thorough.
1971 - 1999
DETECTIVE SERGEANT, 13 YEARS/SUPERVISING SERGEANT, 3 YEARS/PATROL OFFICER, 10 YEARS
• Effectively led 2 multi-agency task forces and 4 major homicides. Investigated variety of cases.
• Implemented a dictation/transcription system for department which enhanced efficiency.
• Developed high-end macros in Word and WordPerfect. Built successful prototypes for investigative case notes database, assignments database, major case information management, and search warrant generator. Developed departmental web site.
• Experienced on PC network with links to IBM mainframes and Stratus mini computer. Software knowledge includes Enfors, Access, Word, WordPerfect, Lotus 1-2-3, Excel, Photoshop LE, PowerPoint, C/C++ programming, and HTML 3.2.
Police Science, UMD, CAD, SCIC licensed, and FBI.
South Carolina Police Officers Association
Cannon Regional Law Enforcement Training Association.
Local civic organizations. Spoke on white-collar crime.
St. Mary's University, Collegeville, NC
History and computer science coursework