Managing Attorney General Practice
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Legal professional with 20 years of business analysis, research, negotiation, strategic planning, risk management, and legal counsel for insurance companies with national and international operations. Lead legal counsel for general practice law, disposition of bodily injury cases, vehicle insurance infractions, and all documentation related to large scale corporate carriers. Management responsibilities included supervision of 32 attorneys, 11 support staff, implementation and management of all data use systems, work flow processes, staff reviews, and necessary Human Resource functions.
Completed training in leadership development, personnel management issues, negotiations, contract management, finance, communications, regulatory compliance, litigation, and numerous computer-based business applications. Legal roles include certified arbitrator, paralegal, and member/participant of Defense Research Institute, as well as the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky and American Bar Associations.
Ohio State School of Law, Columbus, OH
Northern Ohio University, Ada, OH
B.A., Political Science
• Spearheaded demographic research of target markets to increase market share, visibility and profit; simultaneously identified multi-state expansion opportunities that added 12 attorneys, 12 support staff and increased revenues by over 35%.
• Established training program for associate attorney in practical elements of court conduct and litigation procedures, efforts lead to a 50% improvement in case results over a 12 month period, and saved the firm over $700K in attorney expenses; training program was formalized and established as a corporate standard.
• Applied new technology to administrative processes by placing personal computers on every desk. Added data-base driven legal research library, realizing a 100% increase in internal/external communication efficiency.
• Implemented technological advancement which included Modulaw, Lazer Attorney, and Juris software.
• Held multi-departmental supervision of a $2M operational budget, planning and conformity.
• Led internal audit of expenses to discover embezzlement issue that exceeded $100K.
• Perfomed Managing Attorney responsibilities included analysis of job descriptions, elimination of redundant work, and development of policy manual(s) and "best practice protocols", that increased efficiency, increased ownership of corporate goals and objectives, and eliminated staff turnover for 7 years.
• Identified paperwork bottle neck and modified accounting procedures to reduce 90% past due accounts by 50%.
Goldman and Frank, Jefferson City, MO
2000 - Present
Attorney/Office Manager Judge
Industrial Insurance Corporation, Jefferson City, MO
1999 - 2000
Staff Counsel/Managing Attorney
Maxwell Incorporated, Columbia, MO
1986 - 1999
Lincoln, Beale, & Frank, Columbia, MO
1982 - 1986
Doyle and Associates, St. Louis, MO
1978 - 1982
Associate Attorney/Junior Partner Wilson
Helix Corporation, St. Louis, MO
1974 - 1978