604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
TECHNICAL TRAINER / TECHNICAL CONSULTANT / CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Experienced technical training, change manager, IT systems training, employee development team leader, multiple years of solution project achievements. Expert at analyzing projects that require strategic thinking and that affect overall company objectives. Enjoys direct contact with customers and clients, negotiating or selling ideas, technologies or methodologies.
· (MIS) Management Information Systems
· Communication Network Administration
· (IRM) Information Resource Management
· Computer Organization and Logic
· Performance/Capability Improvements
· Technical Project Management
· Technical Team Development/Training
· Computer Programming and Data Structures
· Telecommunication Course Instruction
· Call Center Management Expertise
· Local Resident/Onsite Customer Training
· Cost Analysis/Budgeting
· Customer Relationship Management
· Team Focused Coach/Leader/Counselor
· Growth Planning/Technical Leadership
· Live-on-Line / Web-Based Training
Assembly, C, COBOL, Exec 2, JCL, Ingres SQL & Report Writer, Pascal, PL/C, Rexx, RPG
UNIX Workstation, HP-UX UNIX 8.07, IBM VM/CMS, Macintosh O/S, MS-DOS, MS-Windows
Pursuing completion of A+, Network+, and MOUS certifications
Licensed as a NC Real Estate Agent, Broker’s License, Certified as a NC Loan Officer
NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY, Raleigh, NC
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science & Engineering (May 1991)
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· IT instructor who builds strong and cohesive engineering and operational teams; is known for setting challenging goals, building strong client relationships and doing whatever it takes to deliver the highest quality of products and services.
· A strong leader and trainer – sought out to manage business critical operational changes that require new systems training, network or telecommunication system training and employee development; highly technical and highly personal coach. Proven ability to develop teams and processes that enable top growth, profitability and efficiency.
· 6+ years of experience as a Technical Training Instructor and Course Developer for new and existing product lines. Responsibilities included course development and delivery, lab installations, and onsite consultation for Nortel’s Call Center products and applications.
· Highly successful combinations of delivery methods to energize and relay information among peers and customers through leader-led presentations, interactive hands-on training, remote access training (RAL), and “live on-line” interactive training.
· Expertise building cross-functional teams and relationship with various internal organizations, vendors, and customers to achieve a better understanding of departmental needs, streamline processes, and exceed customer expectations.
· Successfully analyze future needs, vendor partnerships and make arguments for cost and functionality enhancements of IT products across diverse customer lines.
· Known as an aggressive self-starter with proven leadership and organizational skills, tying in effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
MICONDIA TECHNOLOGIES, Cary, NC
2000 – 2002
Manager & Training Facilitator
· Served as technical instructor responsible for designing, implementing and facilitating telecommunication courses for Nortel Networks and their associated customers.
· Built courses that addressed various aspects of Call Center maintenance, telephony and non-telephony features, applications, protocols, trouble-shooting and management capabilities. Courses were delivered both in-house and at customer on-sites.
· Provided “live-on-line”, web-based training.
· Responsible for developing, reviewing, and updating all courseware. Coordinate maintenance efforts for all Nortel lab/classroom equipment and configurations.
FLEXTRONICS, Raleigh, NC
1991 – 2000
Senior Training Specialist
1997 – 2000
· Technical instructor working to design, update and facilitate telecommunication courses for internal and external customers.
· Courses included: Network Automatic Call Distribution, Call Center Management Information Systems, Intelligent Call Management, CompuCall, Symposium Call Center Servers, Service Orders and Service Orders via Remote Access Learning technology.
· Courses were delivered both in-house and at customer on-sites, including international travel. Provided “live-on-line”, web-based training.
· Served as the “subject matter” expert for each course, reviewing design documentation, updating courseware and maintaining all lab/classroom equipment and configurations.
· Course developer for the three new SCCS courses, including ordering and installation of equipment.
Senior Systems Support Engineer
1991 – 1997
· Provided 1st and 2nd tier Customer Support for Call Centers implementing NACD using Nortel’s DMS-100 Telephone Switching Systems and the RT1000 UNIX-based Management Information Systems, providing real-time updates, load management, resource planning, forecasting, scheduling, and historical reporting for the Call Centers.
· Responded to system outages and degradations within Customer expectations. Provided onsite consultation and training services for Regional Support and Customers within the United States, the United Kingdom and Australia.
· Managed onsite visits for new installations and upgrades, verification office tests and emergency recoveries.
· Collaborated with design and verification groups in ongoing development and testing of new features and releases.
· Designed test plans for verification and validation of the NACD/RT1000 MIS.
· Offered a “field perspective” and feedback to product line management and marketing primes.
· Assisted peers in the development of technical expertise.
· Management Assessment Program (MAP)
· Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
· Business as Unusual
· Leadership thru Feedback
· Project Management
· Time Management
· Managing Customer Relations
· Assertion and Conflict Resolution
· Collaborative Meetings
· Negotiating to Yes
· Selling Your Ideas
John M. O'Connor - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.CareerProResumes.com