Director of Special Projects
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Consummate business professional seeking challenging management position where excellent skills in leadership, communication and organization can optimize the efficiency of people and projects.
Accomplished background includes key leadership roles in high-profile and complex city government operations complemented by entrepreneurial success in the startup, development and growth of a large newspaper chain.
Keen sense of business enterprise and the importance of achieving bottom-line results. A dynamic communicator and motivator who is equally effective when interacting with the general public, the business community, elected officials, department personnel and staff.
Strong personal integrity to deal fairly, honorably and upfront in all situations. A top producer who exercises a straightforward, hands-on management approach. Active participant in board and committee initiatives.
CITY OF CHICAGO - DEPARTMENT OF POLICE, Chicago, Illinois
1998 - 2003
Director of Special Projects
Received plaque from the City of Chicago in recognition for outstanding service contributions in all areas (2002)
• Acted as a key liaison to help build and strengthen partnerships between the office and district commanders, community representatives and elected officials.
• Enhanced and organized participation in city programs, such as the Mayor's Neighborhood Group, which complemented the city's community policing strategy.
• Developed cohesive, cooperative working relationships within the community through the initiation of various programs, such as Neighborhood Safe Haven, Block Watch Groups and Adopt-A-Street.
• Represented the Department at community meetings through the Mayor's Speakers Bureau and in other forums to foster awareness of available city programs and resources.
• Assessed city services in seven police districts to determine neighborhood problems, and processed service requests via interdepartmental management to prevent and reduce crime.
• Identified, reported, monitored and evaluated the delivery of city services to communities to ensure timely completion of requests, with particular attention to service requests resulting from problem solving activities as part of the city's community policing strategy.
• Conducted city service blitzes in conjunction with special programs and activities, including Operation Clean-Up and Distressed Neighborhoods Initiatives.
• Developed and established team member "wolf packs" to assist commanders in police districts with focus on their strategic operational plan (SOP).
• Established and maintained database for the Community and Police Strategy Program.
CITY OF CHICAGO, Chicago, Illinois
1997 - 1998
Coordinator of Special Projects
• Assessed and improved the delivery of city services in eleven wards on the northwest side of the city.
• Introduced neighborhood-based city programs and increased awareness of these services through literature and public speaking.
• Fostered ongoing communications between city hall and community representatives.
• Assisted in the implementation of the city's new "3-1-1" communication system.
CITY OF CHICAGO, 143rd WARD
1983 - 1997
Recruited for position that involved serving in a public relations capacity and as a voice for the community.
• Aided business and civic communities in building, promoting and planning for future growth and expansion.
• Planned and implemented programs for community development that were well received by the public.
• Maintained a positive rapport between elected officials and the community.
THE DAILY POST NEWSPAPERS
1978 - 1985
Publisher and Editor
Created and launched from conception one of the largest circulation newspaper in the State. Oversaw entire business operation, including the administration, marketing and production of newspapers. Planned, coordinated and scheduled printing and distribution. Developed and placed display and classified advertising. Conducted training sessions to educate and motivate employees.
Bachelor of Science, Business and Management, Minor: Accounting
CHICAGO ACCESS TELEVISION (CATV). Board of Directors, since 1999
Committee Member, Community Relations, since 1998
ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATIONS. Public Accounting Review Board, since 1997
PHI OMEGA EPSILON FRATERNITY (at Illinois University). As Founder and President, established the second largest organization on the campus at that time
Awarded distinguished membership in the "Who's Who" registry of business leaders
PRWRA Cathleen M. Hunt - Write Works - 4315 North Central Avenue - Chicago, IL 60634 - http://www.writeworksonline.com - email@example.com - 773.283.6525 - 773.283.6535 fax