Sales and Promotions Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales and Marketing Professional with 18 years experience.
• Sales/Marketing • Management • Relationship Building
• Business Development • Training • Team Building
• Research • Public Relations • Presentations
• Operations • Communication
Octagon Communications, Kansas City, KS
1997 - Present
Local Sales Manager
Managed sales and staff (6) for 3 Kansas CIty area radio stations.
- Teamed with management staff on sales goals, budget, and incentives. Tracked sales.
- Conducted sales training seminars.
- Designed special programming events and promotions.
- Wrote proposals and made presentations to clients and General Sales Manager.
Zane Paging, Kansas City, KS
1989 - 1997
Market Manager Midwest Division
Managed all functions of Kansas operations. Oversaw technical operations of 24-hour a day service. Built strong team environment through effective hiring, staff training, and management style.
- Supervised from 5 - 25 employees. Recruited and trained excellent staff. Maintained an open door policy and worked as a team toward company goals.
- PPD planning and review.
- Demonstrated highest company standards in ethics, pluralism, and respect for others.
- Managed store inventory and assets to company goals.
- Managed repair and customer service aspects of business.
- Provided feedback to all team members in regularly scheduled one on one sessions.
- Met individual sales and churn goals.
- Managed team to meet team sales and churn goals.
- Audited team performance on regular basis.
- Facilitated regular team meetings with all store personnel.
- Promoted teamwork and harmony by creating effective team programs.
- Promoted customer retention and loyalty through excellence by effectively handling complex customer situations that had been elevated, and made empowerment decisions that maintained a focus on financial responsibility.
- Managed and developed community relationships and regional business opportunities for store.
- Manager of the Year
- Top Billing Regional Office
- Top Performing Office out of 15 in 3-state area
- Increased profits by 3 - 5% annually
KSFB/KFJK TV, Kansas City, KS
1988 - 1989
- Supervised a team 4 sales associates to market and sell airtime for local radio and television programming.
- Consistently met or exceeded individual and team sales goals.
KFJK RADIO, Kansas City, KS
1986 - 1988
- Sold media to area businesses. Developed creative and successful advertising concepts.
- Assisted with production and scheduling.
- Handled collections.
West Missouri Community College, Independence, MO
1984 - 1986
Public Relations Assistant
Edited, proofed, and assembled brochures, booklets, and information packets. Wrote press releases and arranged media coverage.
The College of St. Scholastica, Independence, MO
Bachelor of Arts, Communication and Management
Continuing education in sales training, management, and computers through U.S. West Communications and Zane Paging.
- Western Missouri Ad Club
- Kansas City Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member, National Ski Patrol
- American Cancer Society