Truck Driver Dispatch
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
UNION LOCAL TRUCK DRIVER • DISPATCHER
SAFETY COORDINATOR • HEAVY DUTY RECRUITER
· Goal-oriented driver with distinguished safety record and 12+ years of long distance over-the-road experience in 48 states. Dedicated employee with strong work ethic and noteworthy attendance record. Detail-oriented in all aspects of material handling. Excellent organizational skills; flexible to changing priorities.
· Extensive experience driving, handling, loading: 10-speed freightliner, 13-speed Kenworth, refrigerated trailer, 53-foot van trailer, light/heavy trucks, tractor-trailers, forklifts, flatbeds, single-/double-drop trailers.
· Hardworking, self-starter with proven record of responsibility and time management skills. Established reputation for highly reliable and competent performance; consistently meet deadlines. Apply sound judgment to identify and resolve problems. Skilled dispatcher.
· Noteworthy personnel management skills. Work well with a wide variety of people at all levels. As head of Driver Retention Committee, improved drivers’ morale and boosted retention rate to 65%.
· Supervised and trained drivers. Rewarded by promotion to lead driver for presenting recommendation/plan to change transportation lane to expand business. Knowledgeable in working with bills of lading and inventory records.
· Initiated plan to acquire faster computers to more efficiently dispatch drivers. Member of board that implemented programs/processes that improved efficiency 23% overall.
· Understand safety rules/regulations to ensure public safety and safety of driver and equipment. Complete pre- and post-trip Driver Vehicle Inspection Report for each unit of equipment, which includes inspecting the truck for defects before and after trips and submitting report indicating condition. Affirm that cargo is loaded properly so it will not shift during transport.
· Received 2-year letter for safety. Apply professional training, knowledge, and regulations of commercial driving techniques and skill in maneuvering vehicles in difficult situations such as narrow passageways, public parking lots and customer delivery dock areas. Comply with all federal, state and local regulations concerning safe vehicle operation. Stay alert to prevent accidents. Thorough knowledge of DOT regulations/log reporting.
· Effective team member; equally competent working independently and unsupervised. Clean DMV record and consistent work history.
· Computer savvy. Qualcomm Communications.
J.B. Hunt – Lowell, Arkansas
2001 – Present
D.E. Jonsen – Grove City, Ohio
2000 – 2001
Nordic Express – Manitowoc, Wisconsin
1999 – 2000
All American Transport – Francis Creek, Wisconsin
DISPATCHER / DRIVER
1989 – 1999
Staff Sergeant, Honorable Discharge, 1989, U.S. Army
Communications Specialist • Airborne • Ranger School
LICENSURE / EDUCATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION
Pennsylvania CDL, Class A, Endorsements for Haz-Mat, Tanker
Recent courses include:
Smith System Safe Driving
Hazardous Material Safety Transportation
Graduate, 1989, Truck Driver Development Services – Lake Milton, Ohio
ICC Regulations • Log Book • Backing and Docking • Inspection • Safe Driving — Recipient of Safe Driver Award
Graduate, 1986, Farrell High School – Farrell, Pennsylvania