Assistant Vice President Finance
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
EXECUTIVE-LEVEL BUSINESS CONTROLLER
Financial Auditing • Financial Management • Business Operations
Process Re-engineering • Process Automation
• Spearheaded redesign and implementation of improved P & L reporting processes, migrating from Excel to Access and resulting in decreased man-hours necessary to accomplish tasks, reduction in reporting inconsistencies, and increased speed of production for trading desk with more than $5B in market capitalization. Achieved increased efficiency and improved financial strength.
• Created and implemented of SAS loan approval database for loans in excess of $1.5M. Standardization and centralization of processes led to significant decrease in number and amount of outstanding loans, as well as increased bottom-line profitability.
• Played key role in identification and mapping of all cost centers, on regional and global levels, in support of Deutsche Bank / Bankers Trust merger.
• Goal- and detail-oriented with more than 5 years' experience in world-class, finance banking environment, producing daily P & L statements, month-end pricing, month-end close process, dealing with internal and external audit, interfacing with top management and trading desk personnel to achieve required and stated goals.
• Automate desk top procedures using Excel or Access macros
• Strategic Analysis • Budget Development / Administration
• Business Relations • P & L Reconciliation
• Internal/External Audit Processes • Process Engineering
• Change Management • Team / Personnel Management
• Quantitative Analysis • Procedure Automation
• Technical Problem Resolution • Project Administration
2000 - Present
Assistant Vice President/ Business Area Controller
Equity Arbitrage/Convertibles Trading Desk
• Direct all activities related to Business Controls, in assigned area, managing process automation, cost controls, budgeting, and other financial activities.
• Support trading desk by preparing daily P & L and reconciling any differences with front-end system information.
• Identify issues between front-end and back-end systems, research problems, and communicate with appropriate areas for correction.
• Calculate and explain P & L attribution and sensitivity measures using Greeks, and compute and explain buy and hold P & L.
• Close books at the end of month and prepare income, inventory, and balance sheet reconciliation.
• Assist in month-end pricing of trading desk's portfolio.
• Interface with Risk Control and provide necessary reports to ensure adherence to Bank's risk policy requirements.
• Consult with Internal and External audit personnel to review Controlling procedures and implement any resulting audit points.
1999 - 2000
Assistant Vice President, Business Area Controller
Emerging Mkt., Fixed Income, OTC Derivatives, Operations Management & CRM IT Support Area
• Developed Project-based budgets for IT support.
• Collected Master Data, Settlement Rules, and Time Tracking information to enable implementation of SAP Project System (newly rolled out in New York).
• Maintained and updated allocation methodologies and compute adjustments resulting from changes for implementation.
• Developed, generated, and distributed monthly P & L reports, including project status information and allocation to project managers and project beneficiaries.
• Maintained the General Ledger for IT support areas above including month-end closing.
• Provided ad hoc management accounting information, including monthly forecasts of fully loaded cost of the IT support areas above and allocations to the business lines.
1998 - 1999
Associate, Business Area Controller
(All Operations Support Areas)
• Formulated forecasts and operating budgets ($150M) for all Operations Cost Centers.
• Maintained the General Ledger for Operations including month-end book close and re-class of accounting entries to appropriate lines using SAP and Computron programs,
• Analyzed and explained Operation's allocations to the front office and indirect costs (allocations into Operations) to the Operations Managers
Board Staffing Services, Inc
1997 - 1998
Consulting Financial Analyst
1996 - 1998
Graduate Research Assistant: Department of Economics and Finance
Bombay Bank England Ltd
1990 - 1996
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION & TRAINING
Lubin School of Business
M.B.A., Financial Management
University Of Ghana
B.A., Statistics and Mathematics
GPA: 3.90, Certified and Chartered Accountants of England (ACCA), Certificate Stage
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
Omicron Delta Epsilon - International Honor Society in Economics
Beta Gamma Sigma - National Honor Society in Business
Outstanding MBA Student - Profiled in Pace University brochure for 1997/1998
Student member of North American Chapter of Chartered Accountants of England
Bloomberg Professional, SAP FI/CO, Computron, Microsoft Word, Excel & Excel Macros, Access & Access Macros, PowerPoint, Hyperion EssBase, and the Internet for financial research