604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Obtain a Purchasing Agent position in a small construction management firm.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
• Saved employer over $150,000 in direct purchasing costs over the past five years through strategic supplier evaluation, selection and negotiation.
• Developed strong relationships with suppliers and service providers, resulting in substantial savings, and improved service.
• Implemented a purchasing management system involving vigilant monitoring of and acting on price increases, streamlining the purchasing process, researching for best products and services, and negotiating for best prices.
• Experienced in working through all stages, and with all documentation, related to construction management processes and procedures--ranging from pre-qualification, estimating, closing, tendering, awarding, job start-up and completion.
• Working towards certification with the Purchasing Management Association of Canada.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Zane Company, Omee, Ontario
1997 - Present
Purchasing Agent/Administrative Assistant
Purchase chemicals, packaging products and employee protective equipment used in architectural spray-painting and electrostatic powder coating of aluminum, glass and steel. Using a just-in-time purchasing system, ensure that goods and services arrive in-house when required. Accomplishments include:
• Through comprehensive product, service and supplier evaluation, have selected and negotiated for a variety of goods and services that have resulted in $150,000 savings in direct purchasing costs over the past five years.
• Developed and maintained strong relationships with suppliers (including distributors, transportation companies, service providers and employment agencies), resulting in substantial savings and improved service for the company.
• Streamlined the purchasing process through single sourcing of suppliers who have proven to provide the best product, service, price, quality and reliability.
• Developed a sound system for recording and tracking purchases, agreements, supplier/product comparisons and prices.
• Monitored all unreasonable price increases.
• Conducted comprehensive research on products and suppliers to ensure that they meet and maintain all safety standards and application requirements.
• As management representative on the health and safety committee, performed plant safety inspections, alert management to safety-related concerns, arrange for and document safety meetings, and met with the Ministry of Labor when required.
• Introduced and implemented safety-related procedures, including: signage on hazardous materials storage areas, installing chock blocks in the shipping area, identifying the need for and arranging for "Dangerous Goods" training for the driver, and WHMIS training for all 65 plant personnel.
• Oversaw the hiring of 4 to 8 temporary employees per week, and managed all related paper work, including time sheets.
• Initiated and developed the employees' policies and procedures manual, used by all office and plant personnel.
Manning and Associates, Omee, Ontario
1988 - 1997
Provided administrative support to various divisions involved in a variety of industrial, commercial, and institutional projects ranging from small-scale renovations to major international projects. Progressive experience included working with the Special Projects Division, the International Division, and the Major Projects Division.
• Ensured that all documentation (pre-qualification forms, proposals, quotations, tenders, letters of intent, contracts, minutes of meetings, reports, correspondence, etc.) related to each potential and/or awarded project was completed and submitted on time.
• Compiled and maintained various lists and records pertaining to up to 12 projects at various stages in the construction cycle.
• Coordinated vacation schedules for departments and job sites, ensuring that adequate coverage was maintained at all times.
• Responsible for conducting orientation and information sessions to all new project coordinators and site superintendents.
• Organized and arranged all details of itineraries, including tours, transportation, social events, and accommodation, for visiting international delegates.
• Received Award for promoting safety within the company.
Centennial College, Toronto, Canada
Certificate, Purchasing (PMAC)
Member of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada