Medical Technician Best
3500 Spur Avenue, San Antonio, TX 75201 / Tel# (817) 555-1215 Email: email@example.com
Technical medical professional with over 10 years experience providing medical services in emergency response settings and operating rooms. Experienced in operating room procedures, including preparation and maintenance of medical instruments. Recognized for the ability to remain calm in crisis situations. Continually maintain thorough knowledge of medical technology by obtaining professional certifications and attending technical training sessions.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Operating Room Instrumentation
· Sterile Procedures
· Emergency Response
· First Aid and Lifesaving
· Hospital Procedures
· Emergency Burn Treatment
· Crisis Management
· Instrument Maintenance
RAYBURN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, San Antonio, TX
1999 – Present
Prepared and maintained operating room instruments and supplies required for all surgeries. Coordinated with OR staff to verify exact instruments needed. Thoroughly decontaminated, cleaned, sorted, and scoped instruments after surgical procedures.
· Carefully scoped instrument trays and setup surgical equipment to meet OR Nurse specifications.
· Developed a formal checklist to guide preparation of instrument trays, L&D trays, and cardiac cathlab for out patient surgeries.
· Ordered and distributed surgical supplies to guarantee adequate supply for operations.
· Ensured sterile conditions by autoclaving and gas sterilizing all trays.
FIRSTALERT EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM, Dallas, TX
1996 - 1999
Emergency Medical Technician
Provided emergency response to 911 calls, including traffic accidents, domestic violence, fires, explosions, accidents, and serious sudden illnesses. Provided first aid for body trauma while remaining alert to psychological conditions and effects. Remained calm in dangerous or crisis situations.
· Developed specialty in emergency treatment of burn victims, resulting in 24% fewer victims requiring skin grafts and plastic surgery.
· Established personal rapport with traumatized patients to provide comfort while administering emergency treatment.
· Devised a memory aid to create a mental map of the most frequented neighborhoods. Taught the technique to several colleagues, decreasing their average response time by 5 minutes.
· Applied experience with hospital procedure to ensure readiness of ER staff.
1992 - 1996
Assisted medical personnel in the planning, evaluation and delivery of patient care including inpatient care, outpatient care, emergency services, and disaster preparedness. Provided medical technician support for over 2,500 adult and pediatric patients per month. Oversaw $68,000 of medical supplies and equipment; controlled and coordinated clinic requirements.
· Created and maintained provider schedules utilizing Composite Health Care System.
· Assisted in the creation, revision, and implementation of operating instructions, policies, and job descriptions to maintain consistent quality.
· Assisted in the care and treatment of allergy patients, by administering tests and immunizations.
· Maintained medical records, receiving commendations for thoroughness and accuracy in completion of reports and patient documentation.
CENTRAL TEXAS STATE COLLEGE, Waco, Texas
1988 - 1992
Maintained close attention to all activity in the swimming pool area, anticipating hazardous situations and reacting calmly to emergencies. Provided emergency treatment using standard lifesaving procedures. Maintained cleanliness and safety of pool area.
· Conducted water safety classes to encourage safe behavior for beginning swimmers.
· Trained new lifeguards to use a continuous scan technique to react 20% faster to events.
· Redesigned lifeguard activity reports to highlight priority issues for management attention.
· Received Lifeguard of the Year award for two consecutive years.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1992
Central Texas State College, Waco, Texas
Medical Assistant Specialist, 1993
US Navy Medical Technician School
Certified Sterile Processing & Distribution Technician
Registered Emergency Medical Technician
Certified Nurse Assistant