604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales professional with 4 years of solid account development experience. Sales, marketing, and management background includes product management, strategic planning, new item introductions, promotions, merchandising, quality control, and development of sales presentations at distributor's level. Consistently met and exceeded sales and volume projections. Proven record of success conducting and coordinating seminars to facilitate information about products. Excellent at building rapport with clients. Recognized for expert management abilities. Earned a degree in communications. Computer skills include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), LotusNotes, Sales Management Information System (SMIS), and AS400/Data Diver (database for client information).
Glazers Drug Company, Houston, Texas
2000 - Present
Provided hands-on sales, marketing, and management expertise while training, supervising, and motivating a team of 19 sales representatives, 3 district managers, and 5 merchandisers. Maintained total responsibility for $12 million in annual sales from 2300 convenience stores and 125 grocery stores in the Houston metropolitan area. Called on store managers, store directors, grocery managers, district managers, territory managers, merchandising managers, and business owners. Served in a consulting capacity as an employee on loan from E & J Gallo with a primary emphasis on Gallo products, while representing other suppliers of fine wine and beer.
• Achieved 105.9% of plan for sales during first six months of 2001.
• Developed and implemented division goals for all convenience store production, with additional responsibility for a grocery store team, providing tools to increase sales and distribution.
• Redesigned sales routes to be geographic and trade channel specific which significantly improved efficiency.
• Analyzed customer volume during a 12-month time frame and developed strategic plans that targeted specific markets, product location, and traffic flow.
E & J Gallo, Little Rock, Arkansas - Helena, Arkansas
1999 - 2000
Field Marketing Manager
Called on distributor owners, vice presidents, sales managers, district managers, and sales representatives and served as liaison for the winery. Maintained additional responsibility for grocery chains on the corporate level, interacting with district managers. Major accounts included Krogers (Tennessee and Arkansas), Albertson's (Arkansas), malt distributors, and a wine distributor generating a 300,000 case volume annually.
• Created marketing plans for specific product lines that had never been done before, such as a statewide billboard advertising campaign and a sales incentive program that created volume, and increased visibility and name recognition.
• Planned, coordinated, and orchestrated the Gallo-sponsored King Biscuit Blues Festival in 2000, the largest outdoor jazz festival in the U.S. with 150,000 visitors in Helena, Arkansas.
Block Distributing, San Antonio, Texas
1998 - 1999
Managed the San Antonio territory with a sales team of 6 sales representatives and 4 merchandisers. Called on grocery stores exclusively. Represented E & J Gallo, Kendall Jackson, Sutter Home, Lindemans, Rosemont, and Schmitt Son. Recognized as the #1 District Manager for highest percentage of increase versus prior sales.
Block Distributing, San Antonio, Texas
1997 - 1998
Recruited into the E & J Gallo management development program. Interacted with store and grocery managers at approximately 18 accounts throughout San Antonio. Recognized as Salesman of the Month on two occasions with highest percentage of increase. Won contests for a new item rollout, most creative display as part of a four-state contest, and highest percentage increase in sales for a particular line.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of Texas, San Antonio
Bachelor of Science, Communications
Gallo - Basic Sales, Presentation, Features, Benefits, Comparison to Competition, Selling Quality, and Closings
Sierra - Overcoming Objections
Franklin Covey - Time Management - Franklin DayTimer
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.theresumedoctor.com