Production Manager Utility
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
• Self-motivated, results-driven manager. Readily visualize target and identify steps required to attain goal. Provide hands-on training and motivate personnel.
• Highly articulate with exceptional interpersonal skills. Good listener. Use balanced judgment and analyze information before making decisions.
• Respected team leader with record of inspiring high morale and productivity. Skilled in staff training, development and performance management to meet/exceed operational and financial goals through performance/quality improvements and adherence to established procedures.
• Consistent and steady, yet flexible to changing priorities. Perform well in emergency situations. Persevering in approach to achieving goals.
• Computer proficiencies on Windows platform include Microsoft Office and numerous industry-specific applications.
• Plant Operation • Facility Maintenance
• Employee Training • Budgeting
• Purchasing • Staff Scheduling
• Contract Negotiation • Safety
• Complaint Resolution • Regulatory Compliance ( Federal, State and Local)
• Water Quality
Ohio Water Co., Youngstown, OH
1977 - Present
• Produced reliable supply of high-quality water at a competitive price by efficient operation and maintenance of company's water plant and distribution system, serving residential, commercial and industrial users in 16+ communities.
• Supervised and trained 8 employees in daily operation and maintenance of 12 MGD water treatment plant, 8 pumping stations and 11 storage tanks in the distribution system. Read and interpreted meters and gauges to ensure plant equipment and processes operated properly and adjusted controls as needed.
• Boosted productivity, efficiency and performance by reducing manpower while increasing reliability and security of systems.
• Helped design and oversee construction of new 16 MGD water treatment facility in Brookfield over a 4-year period. Trained and scheduled training for plant employees to efficiently operate the new plant and its computer systems.
• Contributed to design and oversaw installation of radio-based SCADA system in 8 booster pumping stations and 10 tank sites. Trained employees in accurate use of system.
• Contributed to development of production department's operating and capital budgets. Secured budget savings of $50K in 2002 by astutely negotiating and bidding chemical prices, maintenance contracts and waste removal contracts.
• Used computers to monitor equipment, store sampling results, make process control decisions and produce reports.
• Key player in resolving major issues impacting company:
• Completed construction of new treatment plant and transitioned operation of old treatment plant to startup of new treatment plant.
• Aided in acquisition of operating permit for new plant from State of Ohio.
• Aided in resolution of violations of discharge permit with State of Ohio.
Spondike's Amoco, Brookfield, OH
1976 - 1977
Matt's Baking Company, Farrell, PA
1968 - 1976
MAINTENANCE / DRIVER / BAKER
American Water Works Association - National, Ohio and Pennsylvania sections
Ohio Water Works Operator Association
Mahoning Valley Chamber of Commerce
EDUCATION / CONTINUING EDUCATION
How to Lead a Team, 1996 - Career Track
How to Discipline Employees & Correct Performance Problems, 1995 - Career Track
Communications Training, 1995 - Ohio State University
Achieving Extraordinary Customer Relations, 1994 - Kaset International
Quality Management Skills/Quality Advantage Skills, 1994 - ODI
Supervise the Hourly Employee, 1990 - Career Track
Basics of Supervision, 1988 - Sawtelle Associates
Intro to Windows 95, 1997 - Ohio State University
Microsoft Office, 1997 - Fred Pryor
Personal Computer Essentials, 1992 - Ohio State University
Intro to Computers, 1990 - Ohio State University
Water Treatment Seminars
Maintenance Management, 2001 - AWWApa
Centrifugal Pumps, 1995 - National Technology Transfer, Inc.
National Electrical Code, 1993 - Ohio Power Company
Disinfection Techniques, 1992 - AWWA
Gas Chlorination, 1991 - OH Rural Water Association
Control Valve Training, 1987 - Bermad
Backflow Prevention. Cross Connection Control, 1981 - Kent State University
A.T.E.S. Technical School, Niles, Ohio
B.A., Graduate, Refrigeration/Air Conditioning