Sales and Marketing Consultant Finance
Frances O 'Malley
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales, marketing, and business development professional with more than 11 years in finance, banking, and business management. Proven track record growing a business and exceeding sales targets. Exposed to American and Chinese cultures, speaking the language, and understanding the nuances of communicating with dignitaries, government officials, and company leadership.
• Sales strategy development and execution • Customer relationship management
• Budgeting / forecasting • Business plan development
• Government and banking relations • Controlling costs
• Identifying / evaluating revenue opportunities • Public relations / public speaking
• Tracking results • Gathering / interpreting client requirements
• Account management • Pursuing new business
2000 - Present
Sales and Marketing Consultant / Financial Planner
Marketed and sold complex financial services globally, while managing a $5 million portfolio of accounts. Called on bank owners, executives, chairmen of the board, business owners, and chief technical officers representing banks, energy, oil and gas, finance, food services, insurance, construction, and medical industries.
• Achieved 200% of plan for a specific product, earning a top 40 spot out of 700 consultants nationwide.
• Grew the business from ground zero, attaining 150% of increased production quota in 2001.
• Conducted seminars for employees and members of banks, medical groups, and professional associations.
• Promoted the business by producing a bi-weekly, one-hour financial news program on the Chinese Radio Network, as well as writing articles for the Chinese News.
• Developed business relationships with top community figures.
1999 - 2000
Business Development and Marketing Executive
Recruited to spearhead a new marketing strategy, targeting the Asian American community. Supervised up to 10 employees. Negotiated commercial loans up to $10 million. Reported to the owner and Board of Directors.
• Generated $15 million in new business within six months, which was 300% of plan.
1989 - 1999
Business and Marketing Manager
Marketed and sold retail leasing space, and directed the management company responsible for two shopping centers in Houston. Supervised 20 employees over three shifts. Reported to the commercial real estate broker / investor. Communicated with business owners, regional managers, and store managers on the client level.
• Achieved a significant turnaround by targeting the Asian American marketplace, attaining a 100% leasing rate for space which was previously unoccupied for more than one year.
• Contributed to a 30% increase in one client's sales by recommending they also cater to Asian American community, which provided them with enough business to maintain a 24-hour operation.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
M.B.A., Finance and Accounting
Bachelor of Science, Accounting
TRAINING: Leadership Houston 2002 (selected as one of 50 participants out of 250 applicants)
LICENSES: Certified Public Accountant, Texas (1983), Real Estate Broker, Texas (1992), Loan Officer (1991)
• Golden Quan - City Council Campaign Manager for Asian American Community (1996 to Present)
• Greater Houston Partnership - World Trade Division - Advisory Group (1995 to Present)
• Chinese American Petroleum Association
- Co-Chair - 2001 Global Chinese Petroleum and Petrochemical Technology Symposium held in Taiwan - Organized in conjunction with the Chinese Petroleum Institute in Taiwan with delegates from China, USA, and Taiwan representing such companies as SINOPEC, CNPC, CNOOC, and CUCBM (China).
• Taiwan Chamber of Commerce - Honorable Vice Chairman (1999 to 2000) and Director (1998 to 1999)
• Houston Public Television (PBS) (1999 to Present) Board of Directors / On-Air Membership Talent
- Raised $250,000 in one night of fundraising.