Administrative Assistant Executive
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Accomplished Administrative Manager with over 15 years experience instituting organizational strategies and measures for continuous improvements and efficient business operations. Self-starter who meets project deadlines and requirements while performing multiple tasks within fast-paced environments. Respond rapidly and appropriately to changing circumstances; evaluate problems, make astute decisions to effect positive change, and refocus on new priorities. Thrive as team player and coordinator for special events and programs. Outstanding interpersonal communication skills; quickly establish rapport with patients, physicians, and staff members. Key strengths include:
• Project Control & Management • Administrative Support
• Human Resource Functions • Office Management
• Law & Regulation Compliance • Scheduling & Event Coordination
• Problem Identification & Resolution • Budgeting & Financial Affairs
• Team Building & Leadership • Interpersonal Communications
"... proved to be one of the most conscientious and hard-working associates that I have worked with in many years. Her attention to detail, dedication to her job, and positive attitude helped to make her a leader and an example for her peers and a tremendous asset to our department." Fred Sterling, Risk Operations Manager - Rhapsody, Inc.
MOUNTAIN HOSPITAL, Butte, MT
2000 - Present
Executive Administrative Assistant
Provide administrative support to CEO, and up to 12 management team and hospital staff members. Scope of responsibility is diverse and includes patient communications, special event coordination, operations management, executive administration, human resources, and regulatory compliance.
• Designed and implemented administrative programs to reduce redundancy, streamline processes and improve daily operations.
• Led internal office training to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory agencies; extensive knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, HCFA laws and regulations.
• Performed and assisted with Human Resource functions; interviewed, recruited and conducted new general employee orientations. Built work teams that consistently exceeded goals for productivity, efficiency and quality.
• Implemented 'Employee Incentive Award' programs designed to promote outstanding work performance, which delivered measurable improvements in employee morale and satisfaction.
• Planned and facilitated broad range of administrative functions including travel arrangements, calendar management, business correspondence and outlining agendas for various functions and meetings.
• Designed and instituted new database system for marketing enabling department to track areas of expertise and work history of specific licensed employees. Ultimately streamlining process of submitting documentation to become certified or provider within network.
• Trained over 12 staff members regarding equipment operations and various processes; developed team members committed to optimal productivity.
• Organized all charitable functions, special events, and on-going employee activities such as Christmas parties and picnics. Managed yearly budget of $6000 and events for 240 employees and 25 physicians; consistently stayed under budget and saved $1000-$2000 annually.
• Served as back-up HR Director, frequently sought out by employees to handle issues and defuse problem situations.
RHAPSODY, INC, Butte, MT
1999 - 2000
Administrative Assistant/ CRS Representative
Provided assistance to customers regarding various issues with accounts; established operational policies and procedures necessary for smooth business operations; developed recognition awards and motivational incentives for employees which enhanced office environment.
MEDICAL SERVICES, Butte, MT
Directly reported to President and Vice President; oversaw projects and progression, prepared job costing, reports, materials, and updated files; implemented new forms providing better efficiency and accuracy, clearing 2-month backlog within 3 weeks; accountable for new software installation, set up, and maintenance of user profiles on NT environment; developed key database program for critical $1 million project, streamlining materials process, enhancing efficiency, and ultimately saving costs.
BUTTE MEDICAL CONSULTING, Butte, MT
1995 - 1999
Participated in assigning risk assessment to products inventoried, data entry, report updates and analysis, formal and informal research, and manufacturer and vendor correspondence; collaborated with Project Manager during meetings to generate new ideas that would facilitate Y2K project.
BEAL TRANSPORTATION, Fontana, CA
1987 - 1995
OS & D Clerk/ Supervisor
Developed and implemented new procedures which reduced claims by 12%; honored with award for completing 'Excellence Training Program' within top 2%.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
ITT Technical Institute
A.A.S., Business Technology Administration
Continuing In-Service training courses sponsored by Intermountain Hospital included:
• Access Advanced Techniques
• Speak with Confidence & Clarity
• How to Discipline Employees
• Recruiting for Vacant Positions
• Workmen's Compensation Verification
• Knowledge of FLSA, FMLA & EEOC
• Management Skills for Administrative Assistants
• Coaching & Teambuilding Skills for Managers
• Basic Functions of HR
• Conducting Employee Orientations & Meetings
• JCAHO, HCFA, State & Federal Regulatory Agencies
• Computer/Business Software Applications
Access Microsoft Word PowerPoint Publisher Excel Windows XP Outlook Lotus Organizer Transcription
Member, Executive Women in Sales
Member, Business Professionals of America
Speaker/Volunteer, Suicide Awareness Program
Volunteer, Hope House
Volunteer, United Way