Truck Driver Best
4567 9th Avenue, Portland, OR 97225 / Tel# (503) 555-3479 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Truck driver with over five years experience delivering fragile and hazardous materials throughout the Northwest. Perfect driving record, including several company awards for safety and efficiency. Expertise in HAZMAT procedures and emergency containment measures. Demonstrated ability to learn and use new computer technologies to improve delivery scheduling and tracking. Accurate sense of direction and comprehensive visual memory.
· Tractor-trailer Operation
· Safety Measures
· Security Techniques
· Loading and Unloading
· Computer Literate
· HAZMAT Deliveries
· Forklift Operation
· Warehouse Management
· Inventory Maintenance
HIGHLAND CORPORATION, Portland, OR
2000 - Present
Transported hazardous materials from customer sites to authorized containment facilities. Employed industry standard HAZMAT procedures. Verified security and condition of cargo, truck, and protective clothing. Reported all unsafe conditions to management.
· Practiced careful, defensive driving techniques to attain and maintain a perfect safety record.
· Attended annual re-licensing to learn about new laws and HAZMAT industry procedures.
· Developed rapport with clients to improve communication between loading crews and drivers and emphasize appropriate safety measures.
ACME RESOURCES, Portland, OR
1997 - 2000
Loaded, delivered, and unloaded business records for records management company. Verified bills of laden, routes, and delivery schedules. Maintained cargo security at all times.
· Pilot-tested a GPS-enabled inventory tracking system to identify system flaws.
· Implemented on-board navigation system, resulting in a 23% decrease in average delivery time.
· Monitored delivery truck performance and performed routine maintenance.
· Maintained complete records of truck maintenance, delivery schedules, customer issues, and location notes to inform management of delivery operations.
FERNDALE CORPORATION, Portland, OR
1996 - 1997
Transported fragile glassware between freight trucks and warehouse shelves. Assisted with inventory control. Maintained warehouse organization and cleanliness. Operated internal combustion, electric, narrow aisle, and large capacity forklifts.
· Developed and implemented a 10-point security and safety checklist for forklift operators.
· Designed a color-coded shelving map to locate goods and maintain organization.
· Performed routine maintenance on forklifts to ensure proper working condition.
High School Diploma, 1996
Lincoln High School, Portland, Oregon
Commercial Drivers License, Class A, Oregon
HAZMAT, Hazardous Materials Transporter