549 Oswego Circle, Rochester, NY 04932 / Tel# (204) 555-8374 Email: email@example.com
Ten years experience in graphic design, working directly with clients to produce award-winning artwork. Created and produced online catalog of high-quality graphics, managing project from initial conceptualization to final publication. Designed and created graphic art for numerous magazines, journals, books, flyers, posters, and brochures always within time and budget constraints. Earned Masters of Fine Art degree and received an award for thesis project.
· Artistic ability – demonstrated ability to produce creative, eye-catching, award-winning graphic designs and artwork.
· Client relations – maintained customer-focus throughout development to ensure final product met and exceeded client expectations.
· Project management – worked with client to develop product specifications, develop budget, and establish completion date. Implemented high-quality artwork and graphic designs that met specifications, budget, and timeline requirements.
· Innovative approach – assessed industry trends, market needs, and technological improvements to invent new products or methods to create stimulating art.
· Technical expertise – skilled with Adobe products: Illustrator, Photoshop, Framemaker; Macromedia products: Dreamweaver, Flash, Director, Freehand; QuarkXPress; Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
ONLINE GRAPHICS, INC., Rochester, NY
2000 - Present
Created and produced a catalog of online graphics. Conceptualized new categories of graphics, managed contributing artists, reviewed submitted graphics, and managed project to an on-time and under budget completion.
· Increased number of graphics 30% by including animations and short movies.
· Improved quality of graphics to address customer issues and requests.
· Streamlined communication with consulting artists to ensure understanding of design specifications and timely delivery of artwork.
· Developed digital watermark embedded in images to enable tracking of online assets.
· Competing with 25 other submitters, received award for Best Online Resource.
UPSTATE PUBLICATIONS, INC., Syracuse, NY
1998 - 2000
Produced art for monthly print publications, including complex, technical drawings, multi-colored graphs and charts, and full-color photographic images. Consulted with Publisher and Editor on publication layout. Formulated graphic design specifications.
· Managed aesthetic aspects of publications to ensure quality and consistency.
· Produced award-winning art – received 3rd place in state-wide competition.
· Developed visual tool to enable editorial staff to estimate final layout while editing articles.
· Initiated online pilot publications to increase visibility and circulation.
SYRACUSE PRINTING, INC., Syracuse, NY
1995 - 1998
Designed eye-catching company logos and advertising materials. Prepared sample graphics illustrating design choices for clients. Advised clients on aesthetic and technical aspects of reproducing artwork. Provided technical support and advice for print shop equipment.
· Interviewed clients to explain design options and formulate specifications for artwork.
· Produced prototypes for client approval and final artwork to meet client deadlines.
· Initiated electronic transfer of content for publications reducing the number of client visits.
1992 - 1995
Produced multi-color flyers, bi-fold and tri-fold brochures, informational pamphlets, and user guide booklets. Worked with clients to enhance content through visually appealing layout and enhanced text effects.
· Successfully developed informal desktop publishing service into viable business, netting over $25,000 in the final year.
· Designed templates for standard documents, reducing the time to produce a new final document by half.
· Implemented approval forms and sign-off procedures to ensure clients’ expectations matched targeted deliverable.
Master of Fine Arts, 1995
Central University, Syracuse, New York
Bachelor of Fine Arts, 1992
Central University, Syracuse, New York
Best Online Resource – Graphic Arts International
Outstanding Masters Art Thesis – Central University
Third Place – New York State Graphic Art Competition
Most Creative Logo – Syracuse Art Society