Executive Secretary CEO
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
PRESIDENT • CEO • COO • SENIOR MANAGER
Hardworking, multi-talented and aggressive MBA who develops strong working relationships and consistently exceeds goals. Expertise in Sales, Senior Management, Finance and Operations. Outstanding ability to juggle many tasks yet deliver huge business results. Thrives on the excitement and challenge of the unknown potential of a business. Seeking entrepreneurial opportunity with a small to mid-size company that needs growth and leadership.
1999 - 2000
EXECUTIVE V.P., BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION
Formed "The World's Ultimate Online Fishing Resource" with 2 active partners. Needed to take concept and create successful business from the ground up.
• Grew eFishing.com sales from zero to $2.5MM and 34 employees to become the #1 online fishing site. Consistent month-to-month sales growth.
• Positioned company for growth, so that company is currently negotiating several potential mergers and acquisitions.
• Developed content and E-Commerce opportunities for the upscale fisherman in a consumer-friendly, self-contained site.
• Created long-term strategy and wrote 200-page comprehensive business plan with detailed financial statements.
• Identified potential financiers and presented business plan and financing needs.
• Secured $11.6 million in 2 rounds of financing due to persuasive presentation.
• Received over $200,000 in free advertising and free content from over 20 top publications in exchange for publishing their content on eFishing.com.
• Enticed a top editor from within the fishing industry to join eFishing.com.
• Interviewed, hired and trained the majority of the company's 34 employees including graphic design, information technology, editorial, travel, customer service, tournaments, sales, marketing, finance and administrative departments plus the Pro/Tackle shop.
• Identified and signed major fishing celebrities to solidify eFishing.com's brand image. Celebrities acted as spokesmen, provided content and attended trade shows.
• Crafted conceptual layout and functional development of several key website elements, including home page, newsstand, customer service, and travel pages.
• Introduced targeted elements to better appeal to full range of fishing consumers such as Lady Angler and kids departments.
• Analyzed costs and feasibility of hiring contract employee payroll company versus in-house function, and negotiated terms with a full service HR firm.
• Sourced, analyzed and contracted for health, disability, dental, and life insurance benefits. Also evaluated and selected errors and omissions insurance, product liability and general liability for company.
• Handled building and office operations, including leasing/purchase of office space, furniture, computers and phone system. Planned office layout, managed building contractors and coordinated moving of firm into new space.
1997 - 1999
DIRECTOR, SENIOR MANAGER OF FINANCIAL ADVISORY SERVICES
Began career as a Staff Consultant. Began to develop department to sell financial advisory services, and then was lured away in 1993 to Ernst & Young to develop the same type of department. In 1997, was enticed back to KPMG to turnaround company operations in the department.
• Grew practice from <$1 million to over $2.4 million in two years, and to first-ever profitable status. • Found, interviewed, hired and trained staff of 14. Identified advanced degree candidates from schools and competitors. • Completed over 75 major projects including written reports, opinions and/or sworn testimony. 80%-90% of projects were external clients, developed through networking, conducting research, following trends and analyzing trade publications. • Achieved a 20% new business referral rate due to high level of client satisfaction. • Sold MBA, CPA and economists' services to clients - attorneys and company executive/senior management. Ensured that projects were completed in a timely and professional manner to meet clients' needs. • Developed strong relationships with clients due to ability to assess situations quickly, professionally and accurately. • Created detailed proposals for Phase 1, Phase 2, and Phase 3 of projects. Evaluated nationwide staffing for projects, developed costs, conducted review and set timeline for deliverables. • Developed department's budget - sales forecast, overhead, salary, marketing, business development and technology costs. • Chosen to chair the Strategic Initiatives Committee for international consulting division. Conducted meetings to evaluate potential business developmental trends and assigned senior executives to execute. Resulted in several key business initiatives such as fraud and gun litigation. • Conducted interviews in 6 locations that resulted in an employee retention program. Created quarterly process to get input from employees to feed to senior management and improve communication. • Developed and introduced a successful and comprehensive new sales 5 day program to better identify new business opportunities and improve closing ratios. ERNST AND YOUNG LLP 1993 - 1997 DIRECTOR, SENIOR MANAGER OF ECONOMIC & FINANCIAL CONSULTING Joined company with challenge to develop department to sell MBA, CPA and economists' services to clients including attorneys and executive/senior management of companies. • Grew sales from zero to over $1MM. • Recruited, hired and trained staff of 6 advanced degree employees. • Won sales contest as a new hire by a factor of 5. Beat seasoned professionals in selling services. • Established solid reputation and was one of the youngest managers to testify in court as an expert in financial forecasting and business valuation. • Appointed to Management Advisory Group to improve communication process. • Developed intensive 5-day sales class for Senior Management and Managers to polish essential sales skills and learn to uncover opportunities. Other employment included management training and credit analysis at SunTrust Bank and at First Commerce Corporation. EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS FLORIDA STATE UNIVERSITY B.S., Accounting THE UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA M.B.A. ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED FRAUD EXAMINERS Certified Fraud Examiner TRAINING COURSES Over 25 different Continuing Education courses taken, such as Mergers & Acquisitions, Presentation Skills, Financial Forecasting, Professional Sales and Business Valuation. COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS METROPOLITAN YMCA, BOARD OF DIRECTORS Led group that developed successful plan for capital improvements. Raised over $600,000 in capital fund. MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY (MOSI), ADVISORY BOARD Served as Chairman of annual fundraising event, "Einstein on Wine," that raised over $175,000. OLDER ADULTS SERVICES (OASIS), BOARD OF DIRECTORS Planned and executed fundraising efforts. Also provided direct assistance and drove elderly members to appointments and shopping. PRWRA Gail Frank - Frankly Speaking - Tampa, FL 33626 - http://www.callfranklyspeaking.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - (813) 926-1353 - (813) 926-1092 fax