604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Resourceful and innovative professional with a 20+ year academic career producing powerful learning opportunities for advanced level post secondary courses, international educational facilities and corporate training. Recognized for teaching excellence based on technical, research, and design fundamentals. Pioneering technology in the classroom and e-learning. Strong follow-through, administrative and time management capabilities. Highly articulate, demonstrating refined interpersonal skills across all levels and backgrounds. Without fail, confident, positive and professional. Energized for new challenges.
· Curriculum Development
· Lesson Design & Development
· Research & Reporting
· Leadership & Mentoring
· Extra Curricular Initiatives
· Technical Instruction
· Remediation & Assistance
· Media Relations
· Multi Culture & Ethnic Awareness
· Community Involvement
PROFESSOR: BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES
1996 – Present
1984 - 1993
Georgian College Of Applied Arts And Technology, Barrie and Orillia Campuses
Selected for multiple faculty positions in the Georgian@Laurentian BA Program; Applied Automotive Marketing Degree Program; and Business and Management Studies: Business Administration. Not including other educational projects, taught 170+ post-secondary credit level courses for Georgian. Consummate instructional capabilities serve to deliver introductory to advanced level programming for HR Management Program, Engineering Technology, Resort and Hotel Management, and Continuing /General Education. Current courses include Introduction To Economics, Macroeconomics, Labor Economics, and Marketing on the Web.
· Develop Syllabi, conduct research, accumulate resources and generate assessment materials for all courses taught. Spearheaded innovative courses like Marketing on the Web, Cyberselling, and Society and the Internet. Further, piloted the introduction of the McGraw-Hill Learning Architecture (Online Learning Resource Package) in the Business Administration (Marketing) Program.
· Present curriculum content, drawing parallels to regional, national and international markets, and extensive travels to generate real life applicability of course material.
· Active in giving media interviews on behalf of the college for television and print. Consulted for opinions related to Economics and Business issues. Interviewed and quoted in Simcoe County Business News on multiple occasions.
· Trusted to orientate new faculty addressing teaching methodologies and student expectations in a college environment. Flexible skill-set trains teachers for all departmental courses. Coached two faculty to teach Society and the Internet in India. Lead teacher for Consumer Behavior, even though not personally teaching the course.
· Carried out the additional responsibility of Program Coordinator for Orillia Campus for two academic years, 1991 - 1993. Served as contact point for new Business Programs students and faculty. Delivered briefings to students, instructors, and community members, in addition to promoting programs in local high schools. Involved in curriculum development resulting in the smooth transition for students from the Orillia to Barrie campus and to further educational and work opportunities.
LECTURER – Mangosuthu Technikon
1999 - 2000
South Africa and Zimbabwe
Arranged a sabbatical to undertake an International Professional Development Leave. Traveled throughout the region conducting academic research.
· Lectured post secondary students focusing on international economic concerns.
SENIOR TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR
1993 - 1996
Government Of Brunei Darussalam, North Borneo
Took a Leave of Absence to accept this Ministry Of Education post in Southeast Asia. Taught Upper Secondary Mathematics: Cambridge O and AO curriculum. Additionally, tended to the administrative details of upper secondary classes.
· Manager for the Australian Mathematics Competition in 1995.
· Headed the Commerce Club as part of extra curricular activities.
York University, School of Continuous Education, Toronto, Ontario
· Provided on-site delivery of Advanced Economics courses to engineers, managers and staff at Allied Signal Aerospace’s Management Development Certificate Program.
Georgian College, School of Continuous Learning, Barrie, Ontario
· Retained to instruct: Marketing For Small Business for the Ontario Management Development Program.
ECONOMICS LECTURER AND MARKER
1985 - 1988
Certified General Accountants Association of Ontario, Barrie, Ontario
· Provided expertise for three courses: Fundamentals of Managerial Economics; Quantitative Methods; and Economics.
Earlier roles included Teaching, Supervisory and Administrative positions with the Toronto District School Board and Pickering College.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Marketing Management
Schulich School of Business, York University, Toronto, Ontario
HONORS BACHELOR OF ARTS - Economics
Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
TEACHER TRAINING CERTIFICATE
St. Clair College, Windsor, Ontario
ACADEMIC ADVISING PORTFOLIO TRAINING & ACADEMIC ADVISING FOR STUDENT SUCCESS & RETENTION CERTIFICATE
Noel-Levitz Training Modules, Georgian College
Chair Staff Affairs Committee of College Council. Dedicated to serving Georgian’s operations, adjudicating College research and in multiple committee and advisory capacities:
· Laurentian University
· Business Administration Macro Curriculum
· Marketing Management
· Human Resource Management
· Canadian Automotive Institute
· Dean and Faculty Selections
· Professional Development Leave
· Mechanical Engineering Programs
Invited to facilitate at Seneca College’s Educational Technology Conference Series (1999). Led a workshop on the Blended Classroom at Georgian College (1999).
Hold continuous education in the highest regard. Active participant in workshops and conferences including, but not limited to:
· Internet Applications
· Media Training
· Large Class Management
· Program Coordinating
· Mature Students
· Blackboard Applications
· Curriculum Development
· General Education
· Participant in a conference entitled Assessment in Mathematics Syllabus D in Brunei and Nelson Technology Forum at George Brown College in Toronto.
Marketing on the Web, Nowell, D., McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 2002
Canadian E-Marketing, Venkat, R., McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 2001
Fundamentals of Management: Essential Concepts and Applications, Robbins/De Cenzo/Stuart-Kotze, Prentice Hall, 1998
Understanding Consumer Behavior, Peter, Olsen and Rosenblatt, McGraw-Hill Ryerson, 1996
Member: The Canadian Institute of Marketing
The Association of Marketing Educators (AME) since 1991. Serve as Regional V.P. for Canada.
The Canadian Foundation for Economic Education
COMMUNITY & EXTRA CURRICULAR INVOLVEMENT
French Horn Player - Barrie Concert Band
Trustee - Church activities
Hatha Yoga participant
Ontario Colleges’ Marketing Competition Coach: 2001 - 2003