Security Officer Gaming
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
CERTIFIED PROTECTION OFFICER
Respected and responsible individual with successes in protecting the well being of people and property. Function well under pressure during fast paced and stressful situations. Demonstrated ability to assess threats and vulnerabilities, respond quickly, and implement effective solutions. Highly developed public relations and communication skills; ability to relate well with individuals of any background or ethnicity. Written capabilities are articulate, clear and concise. Work effectively independently and with demonstrated commitment to team results. Excellent health. Maintain regular physical fitness program. Core Competencies:
• Accurate Reporting • Legislation & Regulatory Knowledge
• Community Relations • Security & Emergency Response
• Conflict Management • Traffic Direction & Crowd Control
• Problem Resolution • Facilities Protection
• Threat Analysis • Multi-Cultural Awareness
GBH Casino, Blue Bay, Ontario
2000 - Present
Selected to provide protection of casino property, guests and employees against theft, fraud and abuse in this busy and fast-paced facility, working all shifts. Accountable for the accurate and timely reporting of counterfeit money, use of force, medical and incidents. Monitor all security equipment, ensuring full functionality. Quick and sound judgment is paramount for this position.
• Conduct interior and exterior patrols, fire and safety checks and Brinks delivery procedures.
• Maintain current understanding all casino, provincial and federal regulatory guidelines. Expeditiously report and respond to, any violations thereof.
• Co-ordinate efforts with Durham Regional Police, O.P.P., Paramedics, Fire and Rescue personnel, and AGCO Compliance Officers.
• Trusted with highly confidential information for both employees and patrons.
• Regarded for following all procedures set forth by the casino and provincial regulations, including understanding and respecting the proper chain of command.
• Skill-set recognized for demonstrating "the most professional excellence" with "quick response and calm thinking" and "good judgment" in commendations and letters of appreciation.
Starpoint Landing Marina, Blue Bay, Ontario
1999 - 2000
• Retained to repair, maintain, paint, and transport boats. Safely utilized osmosis, gelcoat and fiberglass repair processes.
Lewisporte Area Development Association and Embree Town Council, Newfoundland
1997 - 1999
MUNICIPAL CONSTRUCTION WORKER
• Teamed to complete building projects and renovations within these municipalities.
EDUCATION & SPECIALIZED TRAINING
Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police Certificate (O.A.C.P.)
International Foundation for Protection Officers
CERTIFIED PROTECTION OFFICER
Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
LICENSED GAMING EMPLOYEE
• Field Notes & Reporting • Memory & Observations
• Patrol Techniques • Use of Force
• Traffic Control • Crowd Management
• Physical Security • Explosive Devices
• Alarm Systems • Fire Prevention & Detection
• Terrorism • Human Relations
• Interview Techniques • Stress Management
• Substance Abuse • Legal Aspects
• Public Relations • Police & Security Liaison
• Security Awareness & Investigations • V.I.P. Protection & Hostage Conditions
• Crime Scenes & Evidence Preservation • Bomb Threat Search Procedures
• Managing Employee Honesty • Safety & Security Consideration
Lawrence College, St. John's, Newfoundland
PHOTOGRAPHIC STUDIES DIPLOMA (Honours Graduate)
OTHER RELEVANT TRAINING
• WHMIS • Cultural Awareness
• Health & Safety • Crisis Intervention
• Human Rights • Smart Serve
• ID & Document Verification / Authenticity • St. John's Ambulance First Aid
• Pressure Point Control Tactics • Level C St. John's CPR
Participant for CIBC Run For Cure (Breast Cancer) and Aids Walk.
Volunteer at Soup for the Soul, a Kawartha Lakes Soup Kitchen.
Blood Donor for Canadian Blood Services.
PRWRA Audrey Field - Résumé Resources - 6 Andrew Court, Wasaga Beach, Ontario, Canada L0L 2P0 - http://www.ResumeResources.ca - email@example.com - 1.877.204.9737