Economist Recent Graduate
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Quantitatively-inclined potential economics honors graduate with good speaking and multi-tasking skills. Developed analytical and strategic thinking skills through playing chess. Supported own expenses during university through part-time employment with two organizations. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Eviews.
Courses taken include:
· Linear Algebra
· Ordinary Differential Equations
· Mathematical Economics
· Basic Calculus
· Graph Theory
· Labor Economics
· Advanced Calculus I and II
· Microeconomics I, II and III
· Industrial Organization
· Set Theory
· Macroeconomics I, II and III
· International Economics
· Linear Programming
· Econometrics I
· Income Distribution Analysis
National University of Singapore
Bachelor of Social Sciences Honors, 2nd Class
May 2004 (Expected)
Thesis topic: Entrepreneurship and Firm Size
Bachelor of Science
Focus: Economics and Mathematics
National Library Board
As cyber-guide, persuaded people to sign up for new library service (elibraryhub). Checked and recorded details of new customers, distributed flyers and explained details of new service to customers. Sent to six branches of National Library in one month to set up booths to get new customer signings.
· Out of seven part-time cyber-guides, achieved highest number (>1000) of new customer signings for new service during 3-day Sitex Exhibition at Expo, attended by at least 10,000 people.
· Praised by customer for quality of service by being able to multi-task efficiently.
· Took initiative to set up booths and conduct checks on equipment before work began.
Singapore Nursing Board
Corporate Support Officer
Processed application forms and entered registration data of all nurses onto Excel spreadsheet. Did filing and collected payment from nurses.
· Gave special attention to customers by personally laminating their nursing identity cards.
· Invited to continue part-time work on weekends for four more months (July-Nov 2001) due to good work performance.
· Member, Strategy Club, St. Andrew's Junior College
· Member, Chess Club, Gan Eng Seng School
· Received Edusave Award in 1994 and 1996 due to academic excellence.