Regional Sales Manager Transportation
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Senior sales representative with an eight-year history in sales and operations, as well as a bachelor's degree in transportation logistics. Sales experience intersects the operations and transportation sector within various industries. Interacted with executives and high-level decision-makers from small companies to Fortune 100 corporations. Proven record of success securing high-ticket contracts, introducing new products, gaining name recognition, and developing interactive relationships with clients through both account management and new business. Computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite.
BestTransport.com, South Lake, Texas
2001 - Present
Regional Sales Manager
Managed a national territory by calling on corporate traffic managers, vice presidents of operations, plant managers, and chief financial officers to sell customized transportation procurement products.
• Increased product awareness and built a pipeline of customers, developing proposals in excess of $1 million.
• Worked with major accounts to develop products that improved resources management, controlled expenses, and improved operations management relative to safety, utilization, and employee coverage.
FreightWise, Inc., Fort Worth, Texas
2000 - 2001
Regional Sales Manager
(Owned by Burlington Northern Santa Fe, General Electric Co., and Canadian National Railroad)
Managed a territory throughout the Western United States introducing and selling new technology within the transportation marketplace. Called on executives and managers, representing shippers, carriers, third party service providers, intermodal marketing companies, and manufacturers.
• Grew territory from ground zero to over 100 accounts.
• Used WebEx for the sales presentation and to train new clients (reduced travel time and expenses).
• Led a team involved in creating a new enrollment development process which contributed to an increase in number of accounts, provided a faster and more complete service, reduced follow-up time, and improved account activation.
• Gained experience creating business plans to provide direction.
Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group, Houston, Texas
1998 - 2000
Regional Sales Representative
Marketed and sold domestic rail and intermodal transportation services throughout the Gulf Coast Region. Managed a $5 million territory with approximately 30 accounts. Maintained sole responsibility for sales within the domestic division. Cross-sold throughout the whole supply chain, including terminals, barges, parcel tankers, and tank containers. Called on executives and managers within chemical and other bulk liquid companies. Negotiated contracts ranging from $12,000 to $500,000.
• Achieved 109.4% of budget year-to-date in 2000, 112.9% in 1999, and 105.8% in 1998.
Stolt-Nielsen Transportation Group , Houston, Texas
1996 - 1998
Operations Coordinator/Inside Sales
Managed a fleet of 400 specialized rail tank cars for the transportation of petrochemical, chemical, and bulk liquid products, covering North America, Mexico, and Canada. Interacted with account executives from all major railroads (Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Union Pacific, Norfolk Southern, CSX, Canadian National, Canadian Pacific, Illinois Central, Kansas City Southern) and negotiated and bargained for reduced annual rail contracts. Emphasis on tracking, tracing, customer service, invoicing, and billing. Developed bid proposals and contracts to secure sales from door-to-door movements and short-term/long-term leasing.
• Served on a team with managers that developed a rail tracking system that became an added-value income producer for strategic accounts and greatly improved customer service.
The Kroger Co, Columbus, Ohio
1995 - 1996
Managed all LCL receiving operations and supervised a staff of up to 20 dock laborers and forklift operators. Operated a computerized warehouse system and observed the entire distribution process.
• Achieved a 90% rate for Proctor & Gamble deliveries that allowed Kroger to receive discounted rates.
Freedom Medical, Columbus, Ohio
1992 - 1995
Generated the sale of therapeutic beds, scooters, and motorized wheel chairs throughout Columbus. Manned booths at trade shows to promote the business. Average contracts ranged up to $5,000.
• Selected to oversee the development of delivery routes.
• Participated in selling products within other states.
Southern Methodist University
E-Commerce Professional Program
Program included: Networking Fundamentals, Internet Business Fundamentals, Building Web Documents with HTML, E-Commerce Planning (Key Issues and Strategies), E-Commerce Issues and Concepts, TCP/IP Internetworking, and Vendor Solution Overview
Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Majored in Transportation Logistics
• August 2000 - i-Net Certification - Internet Development, Site Functionality and Design, Troubleshooting, Business Concepts, Networking and Internet Basics, Protocols, Servers and Their Functions, Internet Clients, Configuration and Use, and Network Security
• July 2000 - E-Commerce Planning: Key Issues and Strategies Certification (Hycurve 2200)
• June 2000 - Planning Website Requirements Certification (Hycurve 1250)
Transportation Club of Houston
Southwest Chemicals Association
Alumni of Ohio State University Transportation and Logistics Association
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - firstname.lastname@example.org - http://www.theresumedoctor.com