Senior Education Specialist
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Relationship Developer and Adult-Learning professional with ten years of experience within an investment company environment. Recognized by management for extraordinary client focus, detail orientation, industry knowledge, and a “does what it takes” attitude to “deliver exceptional customer service.” Recognized by clients for professionalism, outstanding presentation skills, and mastery of presentation subject matters.
Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to apply creativity and listening skills to develop effective client education and communication programs. Licensure includes Series 6, 7, and 63. Core competencies include:
· Client Relationship Management
· Classroom & Environment Management
· Consultative Selling
· Consultative & Group Training
· Client Communications
· Functional and Technical Training
STRONG CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, INC. – Menomonee Falls, WI
1994 to Present
SENIOR EDUCATION SPECIALIST — Strong Retirement Plan Services (1998 to Present)
Implement comprehensive education and communication programs for retirement plan participants. Serve as Lead Educator to 40 clients with the largest caseload on the Education team.
· Consulted with clients in managing plan conversions and determining annual goals for ongoing employee education and communication; worked within negotiated budgets.
· Coordinated and facilitated on-site adult-learning programs (2 to 200 students per session), including Enrollment, Key Investment Concepts, Asset Allocation, Beyond the Basics, and Distribution Options.
· Collaborated with Sales, Marketing, Relationship Management, and Plan Administration teams to evaluate overall program effectiveness and ensure effective adult learning. Contributed to the sales consultation process.
· Mentored and trained new Education team members; cross-trained team members across the Retirement Plan Services organization.
· Conducted more than 750 workshops in three years; consistently received an average eight-out-of-nine presentation evaluation rating by clients.
· Education team was rated “Best in Class” six years consecutively for participant education and communications in PLANSPONSOR magazine’s Defined Contribution Services Survey.
· Featured speaker at the Mid-Size Pension Conference in January 2003, the Profit Sharing Council of America Conference in October 2002, and in-house client conferences, 2000 to 2002.
· Served as a Volunteer Community Educator since 1996, presenting investment seminars to local adult and school age groups.
PREFERRED CLIENT REPRESENTATIVE (1996 to 1998)
Managed relationships with high-net-worth clients; assisted with exceptions and requests. Weighed demands against corporate policies and resolved issues to meet client and organizational needs. Challenged on a daily basis to organize and accomplish simultaneous tasks. Made pro-active welcome calls to new Preferred Clients.
· Developed and presented Preferred Client information sessions and seminars; coordinated seminars for local clients.
· Moderated various training sessions and meetings.
CLIENT ACCOUNT SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (1995 to 1996)
Handled escalated client issues and requests. Served as the Shareholder Communications marketing liaison. Coordinated efforts with many areas of the organization including Legal, Accounting/Compliance, Research, and Printing.
INVESTOR SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (1994 to 1995)
Performed customer service activities in a call center environment; volunteered to assist in-person shareholders within the Investor Center. Coordinated intra-department contests and created recognition for outstanding representatives. Developed internal training materials for new funds.
ALVERNO COLLEGE—Milwaukee, WI
1990 to 1993
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
Traveled throughout the Midwest to recruit and counsel prospective students in the admissions and scholarship/financial aid process. Contributed to marketing campaigns through public speaking and seminars. Coordinated major campus-preview events. Hired and supervised work-study students.
· During tenure, application rate within territory more than doubled while maintaining the same academic quality standards.
EDGEWOOD COLLEGE—Madison, WI
1988 to 1990
COLLEGE ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR
Similar duties and results as Alverno College.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE
BA (Secondary Education & Interpersonal Communication – With Honors)
Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI
Post-graduate Coursework, Alverno College, Milwaukee, WI
1993 to 1996
Series 6, 7, and 63 licensure; training sponsored by Strong Capital Mgmt.
Planning Council – Al’s Run and Walk (current)
Board Member – Marquette Alumni Association (current)
Marquee Club Committee Member – Milwaukee Rep Theatre (current)
Big Sister – Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Wisconsin (1992 to 1999)