Vice President of Marketing
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SALES / MARKETING / EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT / OPERATIONS
Professional career reflects 20 years experience in sales, marketing, strategic planning, operations, business development, and quality systems, in highly competitive industries of commercial steel and automotive manufacturing. Possess a demonstrated record to enhance corporate creditability, increase market penetration and generate significant profit in local, national, and international projects for world leading, Fortune 500 companies, with over 3500 employees and revenues in excess of $1B.
Indiana Wesleyan University
Ball State University
Bachelor of Science, Production & Operations Management
Have enhanced academic credentials with additional training and certifications in sales, international management, project management, staff/performance development, industrial strategies, quality management systems, finance, information technology, web/knowledge implementation, conflict resolution and business ethics.
These skills and experiences support a variety of leadership capacities, such as Global Director of Business Development, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, or Director of Corporate Training.
CAREER HISTORY WITH SELECTED ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Team USA Quality Systems, Inc.
2001 - Present
Vice President of Marketing
• Strong oral and written communication skills, able to interface with CEO's, Executives, operating units, union leaders and general workforce.
• Wrote and developed marketing materials and published first company website.
• Drove development of appropriate 'contract for services' and consistent rate structure.
• Developed and wrote policies and procedures for client companies.
• Active consulting and training with owners/presidents, executive staffs and line employees focusing on ISO Certification.
S&S Steel Service, Inc.
1996 - 2001
Vice President of Operations/Corp Sec.
• Orchestrated organizational re-design in turn-around, that increased sales 200% over 48 months.
• Managed day-to-day company operations including staff meetings, production, maintenance, transportation, hiring/firing, financial and IT resources.
• Redesigned the corporate IT system and developed an internal IT expert for the company, reducing overall cost, facilitated an 80% increase in production with no additional support staff.
• Improved production operation by 25% while reducing staff requirements and overtime by 30%.
• Hired qualified managers to drive leadership void areas of HR, Quality and IT
• Implemented 401k retirement plan for employees
• Handled OSHA onsite audit and directed renegotiation of workman's comp and employee insurance plans.
• Handled various real estate related tasks dealing with sub-leasing, facility improvements, etc.
General Motors/Delphi Automotive
1992 - 1996
Corporation Secretary / Multi-Site Operations Manager
• Responsible for automotive manufacturing division of 350 staff with annual revenues of $65M.
• Personally reversed a negative relationship with a major customer through 'hands-on' account management, follow up and outstanding quality.
• Implemented KANBAN and JIT system to eliminate air freight and save in excess of $1M in premium transportation charges.
• Participated in forward planning activities and designing plant layouts for Lean Manufacturing.
• Implemented pro-active design changed that enhanced customer satisfaction, improved manufacturing capability and reduced cost.
• Led 'matrix based' Product Development and launched with direct auto assembly plant interface.
General Motors/Delphi Interior & Lighting
1990 - 1992
Director of Internal Strategic Change
• Led initiatives to implement a new management philosophy throughout the organization.
• Developed a progressive approach to mentoring/training college engineering interns that created a model for the company to develop future organizational talent and leadership
• Provided statistical expertise for operations, engineering and staff at international sites
• Solved engineering problem at a remote plant that prevented costly customer recall campaign
Delphi Lighting/Guide Corporation
1986 - 1990
Senior Engineer/Quality General Supvr.
• Awarded a U.S. Patent for new product design in automotive tail lamp circuits
• Direct interface with customer engineering and manufacturing during product design and production launch.
• Developed product quality plans, gage methods and process capability evaluations.
• Coordinated between vendors, internal operation and customer engineering during product launch.
Delphi Motors/Capital Equipment Division
1978 - 1986
• Variety of assignments in Injection Molding, Painting, Assembly, Inspection and Plating 2 of 3
PRWRA Richard A. Lanham - Regional Manager, RL Stevens & Associates - email@example.com - http://www.myexecutiveweb.com/rlanham