604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Sales and marketing executive with 19 years experience creating and building highly profitable business entities. Proven record of success obtaining and maintaining revenue streams in a volatile industry, while utilizing marketing abilities and creativity to secure new business. Overall background includes a combination of selling and purchasing high dollar packages of commodities and services, managing marketing and sales teams, networking industries, and developing long-term business relationships. Interact daily with major decision-makers from oil and gas producing, drilling, and supply companies, along with executives from a variety of other industries. Technically versed on most aspects of the oil and gas industry with diverse marketing abilities that may be used in any industry. Computer skills include Microsoft Windows 95, Word, and Works.
JAYBIRD CORPORATION, Houston, Texas
President, 1993 - Present
Manage all sales, purchasing, and operational activities of an $8 million oilfield tubular goods company. Negotiate buying and selling packages ranging from $5,000 to $1.5 million. Interact with material control managers, purchasing managers, engineers, and senior executives with major oil and gas companies, as well as owners, company presidents, and management-level personnel with the major supply companies.
· Founded and managed this company.
· Attained 200% of sales plan within 3 years.
· Grew the business from 0 to 40 accounts, with the largest account generating $1.5 million.
DOYLE AND ASSOCIATES, Houston, Texas
Vice President of Sales, 1989 - 1993
Managed up to $30 million in inside and outside sales activities, purchased and monitored between $12 million and $15 million in inventory, and supervised yard operations. Directed a staff of 10 sales representatives and 35 yard and office employees.
· Selected to spearhead the Houston office and improve operations.
· Reduced yard overhead by 30%, while improving productivity and increasing sales.
· Decreased labor costs by 50%, reduced sales staff to 5 representatives and yard and office staff to 20, and maintained revenues and production.
HELIX INTERNATIONAL, Lafayette, Louisiana
Vice President of Sales and Operations, 1986 - 1989
Built the sales side of the business for 1.5 years throughout Texas and Louisiana. Reviewed and approved quotes, and located pipe for specific projects. Developed new accounts for both the pipe sales and service departments. Learned all aspects of the business, including threading, inspecting, hydrostatic testing, and distribution.
· Expanded services in the Houston market and increased sales.
· Attained profitability the first time in this company's history.
· Took over as operations manager with responsibility for inspections, threading, hydrostatic testing, and storage, while managing 3 sales representatives, 5 office staff, and 18 yard employees.
GOLDMAN AND FRANK, Lafayette, Louisiana
Vice President, Sales and Marketing, 1983 - 1986
Managed all sales operations and personally sold products from 3 companies under the company umbrella. Territory generated $40 million in sales from pipe and supply, wellhead, and float equipment. Supervised 15 sales representatives. Coordinated and directed all advertising and marketing activities. Budgeted, managed, marketed, and organized all tradeshow activities.
· Evaluated market expansion opportunities and recommended expansions or potential acquisitions.
· Assisted in opening offices in New Orleans, Louisiana and Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
EDUCATION AND TRAINNG
Louisiana State University
Dale Carnegie Sales Training - Direct Sales, Sales and Marketing Management