Chairman and CEO Technology
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY EXECUTIVE
General Management … Operations … Project Development
Highly driven, fast-track MIT-graduate with track record of start-up, accelerated growth, turnaround, joint venture, international relations, and acquisition success. Built top performing, award winning integrated marketing agency servicing Fortune 100 and emerging e-commerce companies domestically and internationally. Captured market share within nation’s top ten of transactive content integrators (Forrester Research, 1999) against rapidly emerging competition through expertise in:
· Competitive Market Positioning
· Internet Technology
· Operations Management
· Marketing & Business Development
· Strategic & Business Planning
· Budgeting, Pricing & Cost Control
· Relationship Building
· Quality & Performance Optimization
· Team-building & Leadership
· Contract Negotiation
Profiled in 30 industry-leading publications for expertise, leadership, and innovation
Finalist in Ernst & Young’s “Entrepreneur of the Year” award, 1999
MEDIA XYZ , INC., New York, NY—Chairman and CEO
1995 to 2001
Achieved rapid expansion within short timeframe after founding company in 1995. Built company from ground zero to $12 million in 6 years with no initial outside funding. Core business entailed Web Content Creation, Interactive Advertising, and Systems Integration. ”End-to-end” strategy positioned many Media XYZ clients as industry leaders within their field. Representative clients included: Microsoft, AlwaysOn Software, Worth Interactive, Ameritrade, Oracle, IBM, Lloyd Webber, American Express, Deutsche Bank, Swiss Bank, HIP, National Geographic, Sony, Pitney Bowes, iAnswers, and Janssen USA.
Team-Building & Operations Management
· Attracted and retained award-winning designers through collaborative and challenging organizational culture.
· Directed multi-site and international operations; capable of managing staff of up to 400.
· Developed and instituted management processes and procedures in all three offices, streamlining daily communications and operations, increasing efficiency, and ensuring project deadline compliance.
· Provided pro-active, decisive, and hands-on leadership within volatile industry.
Finance & Technology
· Introduced vendor bidding to cut overhead by 15 %.
· Structured and negotiated strategic alliances and acquisition to further strengthen financial position and customer satisfaction through broadening of services and resources.
· Designed and implemented (then) cutting-edge “Media XYZ Client Extranet”; integrated project tracking and accounting system to accommodate international clients.
· Recognized for use of innovative Internet technology rendering competitive edge for clients.
· Served on Microsoft Internet Advisory Board from 1997 to 1998.
Marketing & Business Development
· Led high-powered negotiations with Microsoft for the successful award of launching Windows XY in 1996. Exceptionally innovative designs and aggressive approach played instrumental role in securing account. Project included high-impact, multimedia presentation to Bill Gates.
· Used visionary talent with keen eye for new opportunities; identified chance to redefine corporate strategy and capitalize on integrated services in response to increased competition from mainstream competitors.
· Implemented four-stage development methodology including cross-functional specialists teams and directed company through consequential accelerated growth, capturing a 73% annual growth rate.
· Instituted growth strategy comprising penetration of existing client accounts through cross selling of additional services, favorably impacting bottom line and gross margins.
A & B INTERNATIONAL, Los Angeles, CA—Manager of Publicity (‘94-‘95); Auditor (‘92-‘94)
1992 to 1995
COMPACT, Houston, TX—Systems Engineer (Secured employment following internship.)
1988 to 1991
INSIDE OUT, INC., Beverly Hills, CA
2001 to Present
Recruited by president as CFO with full P&L responsibility to manage fast growth and improve poor cash flow of pharmaceutical meeting and event management company.
· Increased annual contracted revenue from $12 million for 2000 to $19 million for 2001 within 2 months.
· Remedied cash flow difficulties by evaluating and renegotiating $8 million key contracts.
· Created new revenue streams by introducing new service offering and by negotiating and establishing joint venture.
· Successfully negotiated with banks to establish company’s line of credit.
NY INVESTMENT COMPANY, LLC, New York, NY
Project Manager for company with combined $5 billion fund.
TECH COMPUTER, New York, NY
Frequent public appearances by conducting Internet Business Seminars. (Listing available.)
Diploma: “The Birthing of Giants”, (Executive Leadership Program), MIT, Cambridge, MA 2001
Degree: B.B.A., Emphasis in Business and Finance, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 1991
Publications and Awards
· Co-authored: Smith, A.M., “Chapter 3: Web Site Infrastructure and Hosting.” Buying Web Services: The Survival Guide to Outsourcing. New York: John Wiley & Sons Publishing Co., 2000, pp. 85-123.
· Listing available of all company and personal publicity obtained.
Awards: Received 15 prestigious industry awards, including: Webby Award (2000); Ad Tech Award (2001); Golden Pencil Award (2001).
Ilona Vanderwoude - ilona@CareerBranches.com - http://www.CareerBranches.com