604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Articulate professional with fifteen years’ national and international experience in hospitality management and staff training. Utilized creative problem-solving skills in capturing cost reductions of more than 80% and operations efficiency improvement of up to 66.7% in multi-functional and multi-unit operations. Trained in preventive and emergency SARS measures. Commended by superior and outside personnel for professional work attitude. Fluent in English, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Thai. Willing to travel and relocate.
· Hotel Housekeeping
· Laundry / Valet Operations
· Budget Administration
· Policy / Procedures Development
· Hospital Cleaning
· Butler Services
· Toxic Waste and Biohazards Handling
FAR EAST ORGANIZATION, Singapore
Group Executive Housekeeper (Deputy Director of Hotel Operations)
Manage operations of Centralized Group Housekeeping Unit and supervise 5 direct and 105 indirect housekeeping staff in five hotels with 1600 rooms (Albert Court Hotel, Changi Village Hotel, The Elizabeth Hotel, Golden Landmark Hotel, and Orchard Parade Hotel). Plan and forecast budgets. Deploy housekeeping staff and design long and short-term strategies. Report and give recommendations directly to general manager.
· Reduced laundry operation costs 13.5% annually for Orchard Parade Hotel through implementation of Linen Rental Program.
RAFFLES THE PLAZA & SWISSOTEL THE STAMFORD, Singapore
Trained over 200 housekeeping staff for three hotels (Raffles Hotel, Merchant Court Swissotel, and Raffles The Plaza & Swissotel The Stamford) during SARS period. Reported directly to executive housekeeper. Filmed intensive training video production on housekeeping and laundry operations for Raffles International Hotel Group.
· Secured S$4,200,000 grant from Singapore Productivity and Standards Board for Palm-top system that increased productivity 25% by reducing paperwork on checkouts, occupied rooms, and blocked rooms.
ORCHARD HOTEL, Singapore
Assistant Executive Housekeeper
Oversaw 5 direct and 80 indirect staff for flagship hotel of City Developments Ltd. with 680 rooms. Initiated centralization and pre-packing of amenities, laundry, and guest supplies through integration of material-handling system for Trolley Packing. (System increased productivity, efficiency, and orderliness using motorized trolleys and Mobiles and Totes that carry program-loaded quantities, ensuring timely delivery of finished linens and supplies to guest floors.)
· Reduced attendants' daily assignment completion time 45 minutes through successful implementation of Trolley-Packing System; freed-up time used for new guest services like “Welcome Tea” and “Shoe Polish”.
· Slashed daily costs of cleaning rooms 81.8% by employing more effective and cost-efficient cleaning agents.
ISS SERVISYSTEM PTE LTD, Singapore
Contract Manager (Hospital Division)
Directed cleaning of non-patient areas in Singapore General Hospital (Singapore's largest hospital with 1650 beds). Supervised over 130 staff (2 assistant managers, 8 supervisors, 2 clerical staff and over 188 housekeepers) in providing 24 hours’ service to meet customers' demands and in handling toxic waste and biohazards. Trained 65 supervisors and cleaning operators in customer service. Ensured high standards of hygiene and service for visits by Ministers and Heads of State.
· Managed budget in excess of S$2,000,000 per annum.
· Raised cleaning standards 10% on quality measuring system (crucial for hospital environments) by putting new cleaning methods in place.
· Achieved 20% in cost savings on chemicals, equipment, and machines by negotiating better quotations and optimizing machine usage.
· Increased mortuary-handling efficiency 66.7% by coordinating with Engineering Department to install transportation chutes in every room.
HOTEL LE ROYAL PHNOM PENH, Cambodia
Managed and trained 60 staff (1 laundry manager and 4 assistant housekeepers directly and 55 other housekeepers indirectly) in laundry and housekeeping. Developed departmental policies and procedures to ensure cleanliness, maintenance, and aesthetic value. Reviewed actions of staff in areas of discipline, termination, and promotion. Provided expenditure reports and recommendations to general manager. Capitalized on low labor costs to introduce butler services.
Worked under tight deadlines to clean premises after civil war. Saved time and money by introducing fitted sheets and duvets to replace traditional method of using three bedsheets. Submitted monthly reports on preventive housekeeping maintenance and analysis of loss/usage per occupied room on labor, chemicals, guestroom supplies, linens, laundry, uniforms, and contract cleaning.
· Reduced chemical costs 50% by inventing Vinegar-Water Mixture (for cleaning of curtains, walls, ceilings, and carpets) that overcame severe mildew problem.
Supervised and instructed 59 staff (4 direct and 55 indirect reports) in washing, drying, and ironing of linens. Ensured timely and proper processing of linens to provide adequate supply to Housekeeping and Food & Beverages Department. Maintained daily production report and ensured optimal utilization of equipment.
· Saved 80% in costs by using modified locker bags for staff uniforms, instead of metal lockers.
· Promoted to executive housekeeper within three months!
SHANGRI-LA GROUP, Singapore (1 year), Hong Kong (2 years), Thailand (2 years), China (2 years)
Assistant Laundry Manager / Assistant Housekeeper / Room Division Management Trainee
Selected for overseas operations in Hong Kong, Thailand and China; assisted in setting up three hotels in China. Experienced in laundry services, equipment selection, interior design, and staff uniform design.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
SINGAPORE HOTEL ASSOCIATION TRAINING EDUCATION CENTRE (SHATEC)
· Certificate in Accommodation Management, 2001
· Certificate in Executive Housekeeping, 1997
· Higher Diploma in Hotel Management, 1994