Occupational Therapist Recent Graduate
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
PHYSIOTHERAPIST / OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT
New Grad with extensive up-to-date industry knowledge
A friendly outgoing individual with experience in a variety of fields such as health care assisting, reception, office/secretarial work, and government. Adept customer service skills including the font-line patient care, scheduling of appointments, and all financial administrative duties. Excellent multi-tasking abilities instrumental in the daily management of large offices.
Bilingual in English and French
HIGHLIGHTS OF COURSE WORK
Rehab in Health Care
Anatomy & Physiology
Admin & Program Support
OTA Therapeutic Techniques
· Working knowledge in MS Office Suite, E-mail, and Internet with superior keyboarding skills.
· Hands-on experience with financial accounts, balancing books, and depositing revenue on a daily basis.
· Knowledge of medical office procedures, transcription and terminology.
· Organized the record keeping of monthly invoices, statements, and pay periods for over 650 personnel.
· Supervised and trained teams of up to 6 professionals, ensuring effective and timely completion of tasks.
· Provided receptionist duties using a needs-based process involving assessing client needs, offering alternatives and deciding on the best solution
· Participated effectively as a member of teams acting both as a member at large and as leader.
· Utilized respect and confidentiality when dealing with clients, and staff
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Certificate in Physiotherapist / Occupational Therapist Assistant
Shawnville College, Belleville, ON
High School Diploma
Widdifield Secondary School, North Bay, ON
Various course and seminars including: Office Administration, Pay and Records, Microsoft Office Suite, Junior Leaders Course, Financial Classification Training.
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
CANADIAN FORCES – Military
Resource Management Clerk
Progressed through various promotions within the Canadian Forces, cumulating with the rank of Master Corporal, a junior supervisory appointment. Charged with the overseeing of administrating the financial and human resource issues within a unit. Superior teamwork acumen, assessing difficulties and rectifying them with workable solutions.
· Worked within an isolated environment catering to the needs of the clients within a unique situation.
· Thorough knowledge of payroll and Non-Public Funds auditing, acted as a cashier making sure that members were paid in due time.
· Superior adaptability and ease with various different levels of clientele, utilizing diplomacy, and tack to resolve issues.
· Budgetary presentations and management making certain that finances were within given parameters.
· Undertook a variety of first-aid and emergency training in order to hone skills for military assignments.
· Responsible for the training of subordinates in the newly adapted finance amalgamation venue.
· Knowledge and qualification in WHIMIS.