Research Associate Human Rights
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Objective: Research Associate with Human Rights Watch or similar position.
Offering: B.A. in International Affairs with 5 years’ relevant research experience and international personal background. Expertise in international business protocol. Noted for dedication, linguistic skills, social conscience, and focus on common goal. Exposure to Middle Eastern issues.
Special Skills: Fluent in English, Swedish, French, and Spanish; basic skills in Italian and German; currently studying Arabic. Advanced skills in MS Word and Excel, databases, Internet, and email.
B.A. DEGREE IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS
AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF PARIS
Magna Cum Laude – Honor Student
Paris, France - May 2000
SKILLS AND CONTRIBUTIONS
In-depth understanding of and passion for international affairs, both current and past. Cross-cultural verbal and written communication skills through living and working on different continents. Examples:
· One of three-people team establishing Venezuelan promotional investment project – secured accounts with Fortune 500’s, managed $55,000 budget, bookkeeping, correspondence, and project logistics.
· Established and leveraged Venezuelan government relationships to obtain vital data for investment reports.
Consistent record of effectively analyzing, compiling, and synthesizing data into written report. Proven record of big picture vision with ability to outline necessary steps. Examples:
· http://www.winne.com/venezuela/index.htm - site averages 500,000 hits on monthly basis.
· Conducted library and Internet research for UNESCO publication on the Middle East.
· Compiled database of information obtained from wide variety of sources (Forbes and Brown Lloyd James).
· Delivered base for proposal regarding Global Aging problem, impressing prospective client.
Self-starter with flexible and open-minded personality. Cross-level and cross-cultural rapport building skills, based on background and ability to improvise and use strategic communication techniques. Examples:
· Public speaking and presentation experience; held press conferences and presented prospective Forbes investment report to 100+ local and international companies.
· Mediation and problem solving skills; maintained team focus during foreign situation.
· PR experience; drafted press releases for Witness and marketing proposal for Debt Relief Organization, and obtained media coverage for AIDS issues related to debt relief, in conjunction with the 14th International AIDS Conference in Barcelona.
· BROWN LLOYD JAMES - New York, USA - Account Associate
2000 to 2002
· WITNESS - New York, USA - Research & PR Associate
· MOROCCO, EUROPE - Cultural Exploration
2001 to 2002
· FORBES, World Investment News - Caracas, Venezuela, Investor Relationship and Advertising Associate
2000 to 2001
· UNESCO - Paris, France - Research Assistant