International Sales Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
INTERNATIONAL SALES MANAGEMENT
• Over two decades comprehensive international sales / account management experience with high-tech / telecommunications / IT emphasis; proven background leading cross-functional teams in business development, strategic planning, marketing, and promotion.
• Extensive Asian market experience. Build productive, long-term business relationships within a variety of cultural settings; expert in Asian government/business customs and procedures. Fluent in Korean, Japanese, and written Chinese.
• Strong industry and technology learning curve; possess well-developed strategic and analytical skills to quickly master all aspects of industry landscape and product knowledge.
• Exceptional decision-making power; access to live, unfiltered information using unrivaled, diverse personal network of direct, multi-level government and industry executive relationships.
• Accustomed to full responsibility for complex, large-scale account management, including business strategy, early-stage engagement, and deal structuring, negotiation, and implementation.
• Skilled in competitive analyses, target marketing, pricing, forecasting, direct sales, channeling, and top-level presentations and symposiums. Train and supervise global sales teams in total account management.
• Generated and managed $900M+ sales and account development record in complex strategic alliances for start-up and growth projects in multiple Asia-Pacific regions.
• Achieved permanent industry regulatory changes, transforming business planning and expanding market sales in major Asian county.
• Cultivated ongoing key Asian telecommunication industry contacts.
• Designated honorary consul, participating in UN conference for local government cooperation hosted in Istanbul, Turkey.
Bradford Business Associates, Boston, MA
1998 - Present
International Sales Manager
Global innovator in high-speed wireless data communications, specializing in high-speed Internet access, LAN and WAN extension, and broadband wireless access with product sales in 50 countries on 6 continents.
Managed accounts and developed new business in Japan, Korea, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, and other Asia-Pacific regions, reporting to vice president of international sales and company president. Identified prospective Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and channel partners to promote emerging 4G (fourth generation) W-OFDM (Wide-band Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing) technology and products.
Worked with engineering and product teams to meet customer requirements based on shared strategic intent. Prepared comprehensive analyses of deal points, structuring, and implementation plans. Attended trade shows, seminars, and channel partner events. Facilitated distribution partners in providing technology literature, applications, training, and joint sales calls.
• Negotiated $500M+ complex Memorandum of Understanding with major Japanese and Korean companies for start up of broadband wireless data communication technology and products, including market feasibility, OEM, and local manufacturing. Positioned early stage engagement to lead top sales in the wireless network market.
• Captured $100M fixed wireless access in one year by creating wireless, high-speed Internet access market awareness and preferred vendor status with carriers, ISPs, and system integrators, through seminars and multi-level relationship building.
• Acquired $100M+ large-scale opportunities in carrier and ISP licensed frequencies market.
Octagon Industries, Boston, MA
1997 - 1998
Sales / Promotion Manager
Major international airport duty free store enterprise with annual sales of $50M.
Managed strategic partner relationships with Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese, and Hong Kong agents. Worked together with market tour conductors and company representatives to ensure total customer fulfillment. Provided key marketing and sales program support, including design and rollout events. Reported to general manager.
• Multiplied sales volume by 5-to-1 ratio from $200K to $1M+ in less than 12 months through strong relationships with Japanese and Korean tour agents.
• Boosted traffic from 500 to 800 customers per day and doubled tour agent commissions through innovative incentive sales promotions.
• Optimized product offerings and tightened positive stock control by researching tourist trends and obtaining Asian tour information.
International Trade Association, Boston, MA
1994 - 1997
International Relations Agent
National foundation representing 248 local authorities with offices in Tokyo, Beijing, New York, Boston, and Paris to assist and enhance international competitiveness, and successfully meet rapidly changing world marketplace.
Contacted city mayors and provincial and state governors worldwide to arrange high-level meetings and economic summits. Lobbied local governments to establish international trade relationships. Reported to chief board member.
• Organized trade fairs in Japan, networking local governments and 150 participating local manufacturers.
• Developed international case study exchange programs to promote local economic development in cooperation with worldwide local governmental organizations.
• Administrated sister city program among 10 cities throughout Japan, Taiwan, and China.
Manning Manufacturing, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA
1988 - 1994
International steel products company with annual sales of $280M and market shares in multiple Asian locations.
Managed recycled metals accounts covering major steel manufacturing companies. Oversaw shipping agent logistics to ensure on-time delivery. Guaranteed ample sales funnel to meet objectives. Conducted ongoing competitive analysis to assess pricing strategies and established fair market value for steel products. Reported to executive management.
• Added $25M in five new foreign accounts.
• Increased existing accounts from $60M to $80M through deep, multi-level market networking.
• Sold $10M in subsidiary steel products to nuclear project .
Reed Telecommunications, Boston, MA
1984 - 1988
Business Development / Logistics Manager
International telecommunications corporation implementing $150M nationwide telephone digital exchange project with telecommunications authorities and network developers.
Oversaw digital exchange system expansion. Established and maintained robust relationships with regulatory agencies, university professors, and network equipment manufactures. Reported to business development director.
• Established $350M to expand telecommunications infrastructure and systems.
• Developed $150M new business strategic alliance to penetrate foreign enterprise networking marketplaces.
• Managed $70M for 500-technician training program to install telecommunications exchange equipment.
Acme Construction, Inc., Boston, MA
1979 - 1984
Business Development / Purchasing Officer
General construction company, second largest US company operating in Middle Eastern region, performing $8400M in telecommunication, harbor, road, and housing projects.
Managed $45M tendering process for Middle Eastern construction projects, purchasing building materials, arranging financing, and monitoring status. Sourced and evaluated new vendors. Reported to general manager.
• Pioneered move into Middle Eastern region, quickly obtaining information leading to $45M harbor project, learning Arabic language and customs, and establishing contacts.
• Arranged $100M telecommunication infrastructure project with Ericsson in Saudi Arabia and Iraq.
• Obtained $80M in financing, negotiating contracts with numerous vendors and financial institutions.
Boston University, Boston, MA
M.A., Political Science
Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
Bachelor of Arts, Public Administration
Wireless Networking Access for Data Application, Telecommunication Research Associates
Consultative Sales Training, Power Marketing
PRWRA Nick Marino - Outcome Resumes and Career Service - firstname.lastname@example.org - Bishop, TX 78343