Restaurant General Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Restaurant General Manager with 10 years experience in the franchise industry. Responsible for total profit loss, use computer applications to track sales and other information for reporting to corporate headquarters. Involved in increasing sales, reducing turnover, improving customer service, and improving loss prevention. Background includes budgeting, forecasting, and inventory control, as well as hiring, training, scheduling, and supervising personnel.
Zane Company, Houston, Texas
1990 - Present
Company operates a variety of francise restaurants.
1998 - Present
Manage and maintain total profit and loss responsibility for a $1.04 million full service restaurant. Supervise 30 employees, including an assistant manager, shift managers, drivers, a cook, and wait staff.
• Attained more than 114% of target for employee retention rate (achieved 80% with a 70% goal) through better scheduling, incentives and improved work environment.
• Achieved an 85% rate for customer satisfaction.
• Grew the business from $16,000 per week to $20,000, achieving 111% of plan with an $18,000 target.
• Received two awards in 2000 for loss prevention and reduced problems.
1997 - 1998
Coordinated and directed a $1.14 million restaurant with 30 employees.
• Increased sales from $18,000 per week to $22,000, attaining 115% of plan with $19,000 as the goal.
• Reduced turnover by 5% for a location that was already at a very low rate.
1996 - 1997
Assisted in managing a $988,000 restaurant.
1994 - 1996
1990 - 1994
• Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows NT / 98 and Unix
• Software: Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Languages: Html and C++
Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas