Public Relations Director Best
95307 Seawind Terrace, Tampa, FL 34783 / Tel# (308) 555-7389 Email: email@example.com
Public Relations Director
Public relations executive with 14 years experience developing, directing, and implementing public relations and marketing communication strategies that achieve results. Demonstrated ability to build positive relationships with media professionals and community leaders. Experience managing a wide range of public relations activities, including event planning, advertising strategies, Web presence, investor relations, strategic marketing, and campaign coordination. Present professional image to media, inspiring confidence and credibility.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
· Community Relations
· Advertising Strategies
· Business Development
· Marketing Strategies
· Media Relations
· Project Management
· Special Event Planning
· Print and Web Design
· Strategic Alliances
· Campaign Management
· Promotional Materials
· Market Research
VANDALAY INDUSTRIES, Tampa, FL
1998 - Present
Public Relations Director
Designed, developed, and delivered corporate public relations statements for a large toy manufacturer. Reviewed all external communication, including corporate print, marketing materials, and Web presence. Coordinated community outreach programs, including Toys for Schools, Toys for Tots, and Toys for Hospitals. Managed investor relations activities.
· Trained staff of six public relations professionals to present accurate, consistent, and relevant information.
· Spearheaded development of professional Web presence and centralized Web development within Public Relations unit to maintain corporate standards.
· Strengthened ties with local community leaders through outreach programs while reinforcing brand recognition in target areas.
· Developed media and analyst relations, coordinated press releases, and strengthened corporate identity.
HELIX INTERNATIONAL, Tampa, FL
1993 - 1998
Public Relations Manager
Planned, organized, and coordinated public relations activities for health and beauty products manufacturer. Created and implemented an award-winning advertising and media campaign. Scheduled and coordinated all media presentations and industry appearances by senior management.
· Developed innovative promotions and positive media relations to increase brand and product awareness and interest. Consumer awareness increased 30% in a one-year period.
· Wrote press releases, FAQs, datasheets, and informational articles to announce new products.
· Scheduled CEO involvement in industry events to increase company visibility and credibility.
· Surveyed press clippings to identify opportunities to submit additional information or customer testimonials.
THE ROMANOV AGENCY, Clearwater, FL
1990 – 1993
Marketing Program Manager
Planned, implemented, and assessed marketing activities across all product lines and regions for national real estate accounts. Analyzed assessment data and formulated improvement plans for specific low performing lines or regions.
· Supervised the creation of marketing materials to maintain consistent, high quality message and presentation.
· Researched market segments to identify opportunities for sales growth, introducing two new segments generating 17% increase in sales.
· Evaluated effectiveness of strategies in order to focus on most rewarding and profitable approaches.
· Served as liaison to product and regional marketing managers, district sales managers, and independent agencies to coordinate marketing messages and implement strategies.
WORLD MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS, Orlando, FL
1988 - 1990
Organized product launches, industry award presentations, conventions, seminars, workshops, and private parties. Scheduled venues, hired caterers, set menus, arranged for special equipment needs, booked hotel accommodations, and distributed promotional material.
· Met with program coordinators to determine event parameters and formulate initial plans.
· Managed groups ranging from 25 to 1500, providing strict attention to detail at all events.
· Developed standard 20-point checklist to ensure handling of routine arrangements.
· Maintained database of unique arrangements organized by group to assist planning for future similar events.
Bachelor of Arts (Communications), 1988
University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
American Marketing Association
Public Relations Society of America