Quality Assurance Technician
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
QUALITY ASSURANCE / PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT
PRECISION MACHINING … SHEET METAL STAMPINGS … DIE CASTING … METAL FABRICATION
· Manufacturing professional with over 20 years of experience as a Production Supervisor, Quality Assurance Technician, and/or Quality Inspector working within ISO 9002/QS-9000 compliance standards.
· Proficient in performing raw material, first-piece, in-process, and final inspections of precision products for appearance, dimensional characteristics, and performance characteristics.
· Experienced using a full range of precision measuring equipment and multi-axis coordinate measuring machines (CMMs) including manual and DCC-controlled: Brown & Sharpe, LK Metrology, and Mitutoyo.
· Proficient in planning and performing gauge control and calibration.
· Participated in continuous improvement efforts.
· PC-literate in a Windows environment to include Microsoft Word, Excel, SPC software, and gauge calibration software.
· Knowledge of ANSI, federal, and military standards.
· Ability to communicate effectively – written and verbally – with co-workers and customers.
ROBAND CORPORATION – Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
2002 to Present
ISO 9002 compliant manufacturer specializing in precision machining.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
· Inspected two shifts; performed raw material, first-release, in-process, and final inspections of machined products. Prepared job assignments for second shift quality assurance inspector.
· Completed data entry for statistical process control (Applied Stats) program.
· Corrected three years of inaccuracies within gauge calibration system for ISO 9002 compliance. Assisted Engineering Department in gauge design. Purchased new gauges. Programmed CMM for calibration of customer hard gauges. Set up in-house recall calibration system for employee-owned gauges.
· Customers included Harley-Davidson and John Deere.
LUITINK MANUFACTURING COMPANY – Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
1998 to 2002
QS-9000 certified manufacturer specializing in medium- to high-volume progressive and transfer stampings as well as welded stamping assemblies.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
· Inspected all subcontracted operations and purchased parts; performed in-process inspections and macro weld testing.
· Programmed CMM for toolmaker samples, first production parts for ISIR submission, stamping dies, gauge/test fixtures, and SPC studies.
· Generated reports for operator self inspection instructions, ISIR submission, PPAP reporting, and FMEA charters
· Entered data into Datamyte SPC for analysis.
· Designed gauges for true position location, profile tolerance readings, and functional gauges. Performed gauge calibration and repair using CyberMetrics GAGEtrak gauge quality management and calibration software.
· Customers included Tower Automotive, Harley-Davidson, Warner Electric, Hubble Electric, Mitsubishi Automotive, and Roll Forming, Incorporated.
STROH DIE CASTING – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1996 to 1998
ISO 9002 registered producer of engineered aluminum and zinc die-castings on low- to high-volume runs.
QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN
· Conducted first piece inspections for production runs (die casting, trim, drilling, milling, tapping, sanding, de-burring, and powder coating). Performed in-process and last-piece inspections as well as final audit prior to shipping.
· Inspected casting layouts and checked cores on die repairs.
· Served as an ISO 9000/9002 Internal Auditor; participated as a member of the ISO 9000/9002 Implementation Board.
· Customers included Bombardier-Rotex Engines, Schlumberger Antenna, Philip Broadband, and Rockwell-Allen Bradley.
MIDWEST PRODUCTS & ENGINEERING CORPORATION – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1993 to 1996
Sheet metal fabrication facility specializing in the production of housings/equipment for the biomedical industry.
QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR (1994 to 1996)
· Conducted first-piece, in-process, and final inspections.
· Calibrated and repaired more than 400 gauges used by Quality Assurance and Production. Set up gauge maintenance program.
· Maintained Allen Bradley SPC Acceptance program. Wrote programs for Cordax 1808-M.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (1993 to 1994)
· Assigned general work orders and processed expedited projects.
· Monitored work-in-process and safety conditions in work areas.
· Handled employee work performance and disciplinary issues.
D.F. INCORPORATED – St. Francis, Wisconsin
1988 to 1992
Custom electrical/mechanical manufacturer accepting government (Dept of Defense) and private contracts.
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR & RECEIVING CLERK
· Inspected first pieces, in-process, and final products. All quality control functions complied with Fed-Std-105D, Mil-Std-2000, Fed-Std-H28/6, etc.
· Calibrated equipment to Mil-Std-45662.
MARQUETTE ELECTRONICS – Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1976 to 1988
Manufacturer of biomedical equipment.
GROUP LEADER – INCOMING INSPECTIONS (1979 to 1988)
SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (1976 to 1979)
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
· Brown & Sharpe PC-DMIS CAD Training
· LK Metrology Systems Camio Training
· LK Metrology Systems DMIS I Training
· Writing Quality Procedures for QS-900/ISO 9000 Compatible Quality Systems Training
· ISO 9000 Internal Auditor Training
· NADCA Die Casting Defects Training
· Fred Pryor Microsoft Office Seminar
· Giddings & Lewis CMM Measurement Concepts Level I DirectInspect Training
· GE Medical Process Capability Seminar
· Mitutoyo Gauge Calibration Systems Training
· Milwaukee Area Technical College SPC, Statistical Methods, AC/DC Wiring
· Milwaukee School of Engineering Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Michele J. Haffner - email@example.com - http://www.careerproresumes.com