CFO Energy Producer
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Executive with 7 years of experience as a Chief Financial Officer and 14 years of general accounting experience. Background includes reducing uncertainty through risk management; analyzing, measuring, and creating value; performing due diligence and integration for acquisitions and mergers, as well as multi-company consolidation, minority interest, and purchase accounting; SEC reporting (preparing 10Q-SB, 10K-SB, 8K, 14A, financial statements, and footnotes); scheduling and organizing external audits; tax scheduling; assisting auditing firm with preparation of tax returns; developing capital and operating budgets; analyzing rates of return on capital expenditures; developing and monitoring hedging plan; and preparing quarterly financial reviews for the board of directors. Gained additional experience as a financial analyst and public accountant. Earned an M.B.A. in finance. Computer skills include Microsoft Windows 95, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
MIDDLE BAY OIL COMPANY, Houston, Texas and Mobile, Alabama
1990 - Present
Chief Financial Officer
Company was sold in August 1999, all executive officers were asked to resign, and personally asked to stay on as CFO during development of the management team. Manage all financial operations of an onshore oil and gas exploration and production company, with oil and gas reserves valued at $70 million and total revenue at $18 million. Supervise a controller, revenue accountants, joint interest accountants, and an accounting clerk. Interact with auditors, attorneys, insurance representatives, financial institution representatives, market makers, and analysts.
• Established accounting system from start-up.
• Implemented an upgraded accounting system as the company grew from $1 million to $18 million in revenues and $3 million to $70 million in oil and gas reserves (increased accountability, improved workflow, reduced project time to close books by 50%, and improved the assembly of information for investors).
• Implemented a company-wide computer network with 15 workstations.
• Organized and created Y2K compliance plan, and informed audit committee and board members of progress.
• Developed an oil and gas hedging plan with Enron.
• Coordinated all logistics for relocating the accounting department to Houston from Mobile.
• Led the financial process to take the company public in 1995.
• Performed due diligence and integration for five mergers and acquisitions.
• Originally hired as the controller (1990 to 1992), worked as one of five employees, and assumed multiple roles with primary responsibility for financial and accounting operations.
SONAT, INC, Birmingham, Alabama
1985 - 1990
Worked in the corporate office with responsibility for analyzing four division budgets and performing industry analyses for this diversified energy company.
CHERRY, BEKAERT & HOLLAND , Montgomery, Alabama
1983 - 1985
Audited company financial statements, and prepared income tax returns for high-net-worth individuals and small business owners.
UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Master of Business Administration in Finance - 1987
Bachelor of Science in Accounting - Cum Laude - 1983
Certified Public Accountant - 1985
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - email@example.com - http://www.theresumedoctor.com