604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
QUALIFIED PROOFREADER • TYPESETTER
Seasoned proofreader and typesetter distinguished from peers by outstanding eye for detail, creative flair, and resolute determination towards maximizing quality in fast-paced environments. Acknowledged for executing balanced judgement in deadline-critical projects, delivering on-time, high-quality work, and willingness to share expert technical knowledge with team members. Professional strengths include:
• Report & Accounts
• Complex Design Briefs
• Technical Typesetting
• Advertisement Designs/Layouts
• Team Building, Supervision & Motivation
• Adobe Acrobat • Adobe Illustrator • Adobe Photoshop
• ADS/ISDN • Adspeed • Macromedia
• Dreamweaver • Microsoft Excel • Microsoft PowerPoint
• Microsoft Word • QuarkXpress • Typestyler
SFB PROOFREADING & TYPESETTING, Madison, WI
1999 - Present
Proofreader & Typesetter
Launched new freelance enterprise targeting leading publishers and performing freelance assignments on-site. As with all self-employment endeavors, maintain proactive involvement in all business operations, from advertising, direct marketing, and client service, through business bookwork and administration.
Successfully appointed to high profile projects with market leaders including:
• $1 million "Annual Report" project for Acme Inc.
• Geo and Maxwell (large department store chain)
• Personally secured independent proofreading project for 1800 page non-fiction book "US TAX CODE" for Accountants and Auditors.
REED AND ASSOCIATES PRINTERS, Madison, WI
1990 - 1999
Fast-paced 24 x 7 x 365 day operation typesetting newspapers and special periodicals.
Track record of steady career progression, commencing as a paste-up compositor, and culminating in a leadership appointment directing 60 typesetting staff producing artwork to negative stage for 10 newspapers; later engaged to drive on-time production of 50 newspapers weekly in company's main studio.
Contributions, Actions & Results:
• Instituted color-coding system that differentiated the source of editorial and advertisement content, allowing for easy identification and utilization. System reversed long-term problems associated with misplaced items.
• Instituted popular productivity initiative that assigned work tasks dependent upon each team member's level of expertise. Idea spurred a non-pressure environment with improved capacity to meet deadlines, and team members responded positively to change, pleased to be assigned roles exploiting key strengths.
• United two distinct typesetting areas to overcome the peaks and troughs of project work, balancing quiet and peak times more equitably.
• Spearheaded training program to familiarize high turnover client sales teams with methods and processes, substantially decreasing time spent clarifying client needs.
• Co-produced layout for new studio, networked computers, and hired staff.
HIGHLAND DAIRIES, Madison, WI
1987 - 1990
Supervised 40 delivery personnel. Monitored order books for accuracy, and encouraged teams to adopt a proactive approach in promoting products to customers for continued revenue growth.
• Boosted product sales by 10% by training delivery staff in techniques that elicit customers' "must buy" response, following sales pitch with widespread leaflet drop.
FERNDALE DAIRIES, Madison, WI
1984 - 1987
Maxwell Newspapers, Madison, WI
1983 - 1984
Night Paste-Up Compositor/Proofreader
Wordsmith Printers Ltd., Madison, WI
1982 - 1983
Wisconsin Technical College, Madison, WI
Advanced Craft Examination in Compositors' Work
Madison College, Madison, WI
Basic Craft Examination in Compositors' Work
PRWRA Gayle Howard - Top Margin - firstname.lastname@example.org