604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Manager with 28 years experience in construction, encompassing architectural drafting and design expertise.
• Work with multidisciplinary teams to meet the 21st century homebuyer's/builder's mutual needs.
• Professionally responsible (0 sick days in past 15 years), organized, cost conscious, and personable.
• Adapt to emerging technologies through life-long learning. Beginning as an accomplished board designer, have become proficient with DataCAD and AutoCAD software. Internet savvy in all aspects of the field.
• Strengths: Customer care from preliminary design to project completion, project estimating experience in all phases of construction, purchasing experience of all building-related materials, new product research, material takeoffs, closing statement documents, sworn construction statements, and lien wavers.
HOMES, INC., Anytown, MN
1987 - Present
Design Draftsman / Purchasing / Estimating
• Manage architectural design/drafting and administrative functions for this residential builder. Projects: 20-25 homes ($250,000+ - $1 million) per year plus town homes/apartments, averaging 5-6 projects simultaneously.
• Consult with buyers on all aspects of projects. Serve as liaison with clients, employer, and subcontractors.
• Handle estimating, bids and purchasing for all building materials.
• Conduct ongoing research to remain competitive with innovative, aesthetic, cost efficient and durable products - from laminated floorings, to window types, to shingles, to millwork and cabinetry.
• Led company's transition to computerized design drafting with AutoCAD and DataCAD.
• Assumed Project Manager role of 17 14-unit apartment complexes after manager's termination upon completion of only 3 units. Directed combined work crews and subcontractors in the hundreds. Finished under budget/on time.
• Responded to community's needs after tornado, facilitating design/building for 12 homes.
XYZ HOMES, INC., Anytown, MN
1973 - 1987
Head Draftsman (1975-1987) / Head of Estimating (1977-1987) / Head of Purchasing (1980-1987)
• After hired as #3 of 3 draftsmen, promoted within 2 years to head department of 7.
• Established a strong network with general contractors, subcontractors, vendors and buyers.
• Adapted to change with company's phenomenal growth (50 to 250 homes in three years of hire)
• Honored with Distinguished Service Awards.
• Received numerous performance-based bonuses based on percentages tied to affected profits.
Technical College, Anytown, MN
Diploma, Building Construction, Drafting & Estimating
Training Center, Anytown, MN
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - firstname.lastname@example.org