604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Manager with 18 years experience in production management, strategic planning, and development. Integral in planning for revenue increases, multi-million dollar cost reductions and sustainable yield improvements. Introduce new methods into the manufacturing process and build stable work forces. Noted for problem-solving and troubleshooting. Knowledge in state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies and processes. Other areas of expertise are:
• Production Processes and Standards • Cost Reduction and Revenue Gain
• Facilities and Equipment Control • Project Management
• Inventory and Materials Management • Quality and Performance Improvement
• Labor Relations • Human Resource Affairs
Goldman and Frank, Bedford, MA
2000 - Present
Full operating management responsibility for the strategic planning, development, and production management of four filtration departments with 40 employees.
• Introduced a series of productivity improvement, process reengineering, cost reduction and performance management programs that improve production output, product quality and customer satisfaction.
• Reduced lead-time by 40% through implementation of one-piece workflow through Kaizen methodology. Matrix results showed positive productivity improvement of 30%.
• Optimized work efficiency, structured discipline, and met on-time delivery requirements, enhanced customer satisfaction and reduced quality complaints by 30%.
• Created lean manufacturing through elimination of waste and unneeded materials, reducing material variance by 20% while improving yields by 40%.
• Established and maintained annual budgets, saving $100,000 in direct labor through reduction in overtime costs.
• Oversaw manufacturing tools and equipment in excess of $2 million and work in process over $200,000 per week.
• Defined and wrote standard operating procedures (SOPs) to supplement new qualifications by reviewing and updating through use of Rapids.
• Involved with strategic production planning, achieving targeted production goals to customer request by 98%.
Reed and Associates, Gloucester, MA
1996 - 2000
Oversaw production planning and scheduling, materials management, inventory, manufacturing, assembly, test procedures, reverse osmosis, production ALP machinery, and quality assurance.
• Managed $2 million work in process and $20 million in process equipment.
• Assisted engineering in implementing new hermetically designed bottle, reducing leakage from 8% to 1%.
• Improved yields by 8% while reducing overhead costs by $150,000 annually.
• Directed 24-hour, three-shift operation in both class 10,000 and 100 clean room environments ensuring product sterility and quality.
• Lowered material variance by 12%.
Ferndale Corporation, Methuen, MA
1990 - 1996
Full operating responsibility for 24-hour operation of two hydroelectric facilities worth an estimated value of $2 million.
• Developed emergency response flow chart meeting city regulatory compliances and historic preservation guidelines, resulting in reduced potential for liability estimated at $10 million.
• Performed routine and emergency maintenance on various equipment including turbines, generators, and transducers.
Highland Corporation, Lynn, MA
1984 - 1990
Directed a three-shift team of 120 union employees. Controlled assets of $40 million in state-of-the-art high speed automated manufacturing equipment producing one million 40-watt fluorescent bulbs daily. Guided the strategic planning process.
• Developed strong bond with union leadership to establish trust and mutual bargaining agreement for union contract renewal, which averted potential strike.
• Oversaw staff of six supervisors and four engineers, ensuring quality standards were met.
• Reduced overhead costs by 20%.
University of Massachusetts
B.S., Business Administration
Numerous Post University Training Courses in Management and Quality Improvement
Four-year tour of duty with the U.S. Marine Corps.