Program Manager IT
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
A highly motivated, results-focused Program Manager with over 8-years information technology experience in the semiconductor industry. Encompasses strong leadership and successful team building capabilities combined with excellent technical, communication, presentation, and customer service skills. Resourceful problem solver with proven ability to bring quick resolution to challenging situations as well as building lasting relationships with vendors and customers.
• Manufacturing Operations • Continuous Process Improvement
• Global Partnerships • Strategic Planning
• Business Development • Customer Relationship Management
• Financial Analysis • Team Building
• Product Development • Manufacturing Operations
• Continuous Process Improvement • Global Partnerships
• Strategic Planning • Business Development
• Customer Relationship Management • Financial Analysis
• Team Building • Product Development
• Instrumental in becoming top service provider for Novellus Systems, Inc. in Asia (China, Taiwan, and Singapore). Developed a service program in an effort of becoming the exclusive service provider for Novellus around the world. Hired resources, trained personnel, implemented and managed program, ensuring customer and OEM satisfaction. Tracked equipment utilization, resource performance and established customer relationships.
• Recognized as service provider with customer needs in mind. Implemented new pricing structure based on client feedback from numerous meetings addressing past concerns on support and pricing. Established close customer relationships that increased revenues 90% and first year revenues by more than $600,000.
• Significantly improved practices and procedures throughout manufacturing area, increasing revenues from less than $100 million to over $700 million annually. Implemented ISO 9000, improving repair times and training processes, which reduced manufacturing cycle times and discrepancies while increasing mean time between failures, system availability, and on-time shipments.
AXIOM MECHANICAL, San Jose, CA
2000 - Present
NOVELLUS PROGRAM MANAGER
$35 million semiconductor services group with 480 employees throughout the United States, Asia, and Europe
• Manage operational and manufacturing personnel, continuous process and product improvement, and customer service program, creating overall operations efficiency. Play a key role in hiring, training, scheduling, implementation, and support of service plan.
• Negotiated use of Novellus training facility and equipment at no cost to company, resulting in comprehensive training and savings of $2500 per student.
• Established database that allowed needed documentation to be retrieved for support field service efforts and training classes 24/7. Collaborated within organization on developing procedures, which could be expanded upon after contract agreement with Novellus.
• Increased service calls by 150% by developing strong customer relationships.
• Established accounts with key suppliers in U.S., Taiwan, and Singapore to provide non-proprietary parts, resulting in additional sales with 37% profit margin for material sold.
• Implemented new response time policy from 4 to 2-hour maximum, creating additional daily service and reduced average response time from 4 an hour to less than 1 an hour.
JABIL, San Jose CA
1993 - 2000
TECHNICAL SERVICE MANAGER
Fortune 500 company providing equipment leasing and financing services to venture capital backed companies
• Full authority over the remanufacturing, testing, and shipment of front-end fabrication equipment including AMAT, Lam and Novellus capital equipment. Ensured refurbished equipment met OEM and customer specifications, while targeting efforts towards quality equipment, reduced costs, on-time shipments, and improved manufacturing cycle times.
• Reduced manufacturing cycle times by 30%. Recruited technical writer to create procedures during manufacturing process, enabling staff to cross train effectively and allowing trainees to work without constant supervision.
• Established material supply chain, creating improved employee morale and reduced manufacturing costs by more than 40%.
• Utilized original OEM to rebuild specific components to ensure quality and reduce costs over purchasing new, resulting in a warranty same as new and a 4-week lead time for rebuilds.
• Reduced crating times by 2 days, improving efficiency and on-time shipments. Coordinated partnership with shipping and crating vendor with pre-fabbed crates available for all company equipment.
NOVA CORPORATION, San Jose, CA
1987 - 1993
$1.3 billion supplier of sophisticated manufacturing systems employing over 2500 people in 26 locations worldwide
• Responsible for all manufacturing activities and up to 104 personnel, ensuring quality and on time delivery for over 150 systems per quarter. Created operational budgets that consistently met or exceeded scheduled goals.
• Developed programs and employee incentives to promote quality, resulting in assembly discrepancies being reduced from 9 per module to less than 1, and final test discrepancies being reduced from 14 per system to under 2 within two years.
• Achieved 100% on-time delivery 3 years in a row by reworking assembly procedures and training for better efficiency.
• Provided in-depth classroom training on ISO practices as well as Nevellus workmanship standards that met production and shipment goals without increased discrepancies, which reduced cycle times by 40%.
• Reduced employee turnover rate to less than 5% a year. Encouraged employees to cross train, increasing job challenge and employee morale.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Completed numerous professional training courses including: Conflict Management, Managing to Stay Legal, Time Management, Problem Solving/ Decision Making, Strategic Management, Project Management, ISO9001 Element Training, Concept I Operation and Maintenance, Capital Expenditure Linkage and Evaluation, Resource Management and Financial Performance, and Clean Room Training.
Proficient on several computer applications - Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint