Sales Account Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
SENIOR-LEVEL MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
ACCOUNTS & OPERATIONS
Experienced, goal-oriented individual with 19+-year progressive background in sales, account management and operations. Take pride in ability to utilize a wealth of knowledge in areas of strategic marketing and advertising, human resources management, personnel training, contract negotiation, budget development/administration, inventory and logistics. Motivate team members to meet and exceed established goals. Interact easily with people of diverse backgrounds and professional levels; from technicians to “C” ranking executives.
· Spearheaded and administered strategic marketing and advertising campaign, resulting in 40% increase in annual sales, growing 3L Office Products’ fiscal revenues to over $1.5 million.
· Conceptualized and launched successful start-up operations for General Binding Corporations’ new sales region, building sales to $500,000 in 1-year timeframe.
· Turned around underachieving, understaffed facility, through restructuring of customer service processes, implementation of automatic dispatching system and recapture of $300,000 in lost contracts in less than 12 months; consistently grew revenues by 15% per year.
· Awarded “General’s Club Sales Trip” – 6 times – in recognition of achieving 115% of annual sales goals.
· Instituted measures at poorest performing facility in the U.S. to turn it into “Branch of the Year.”
· Employ excellent business operation skills to successfully manage, monitor and consistently grow revenues.
· Restructure and integrate operational processes, marketing plans and advertising campaigns, resulting in corporate growth and increased market share.
· Negotiate and capture strategic partnerships and contractual agreements designed to build and maintain annual revenues.
· Design and conduct successful trade-show programs, resulting in new business relationships, as well as tactical and amplified exposure to specialized markets.
· Build cohesive, well-trained teams, through staff development and specialized training, as well as implementation of structured benefits plans.
· Supervise and monitor activities of team members in diverse geographic locations, on national, regional, district and local levels.
· Oversee P & L operational activities in areas of budget administration, personnel management, business development, and territorial expansion, customer service.
Office Products USA
National Account Manager
Oversee activities leading to the location and cultivation of new accounts, dealers, distributors and VARs, for manufacturer of pressure sensitive polypropylene sleeves and pockets, and self-laminating products.
· Managed marketing and advertising campaigns, staff development, product promotion, and inventories.
· Develop and foster interpersonal relationships with “C” level executives, resulting 70% success rate of new account development.
· Launched product promotions, establishing successful business relations in printing, publishing, entertainment and media replication markets.
Some Binding Corporation
Manager – Business Development/Technical Marketing (1999-2000)
Managed and monitored sales, marketing and operational activities for major binding equipment, laminating and office products manufacturer and supplier. Selected to participate in corporate sponsored Strategic Management Course for Corporate Development, through DePaul University in Chicago, IL.
· Spearheaded, developed and built start-up operation to expand territory, resulting in location and capture of new third party service companies.
· Developed and administered direct national accounts such as Kinkos, Office Max, MBM and Uniscribe.
National Field Operations Manager (1997-1999)
· Managed operations supporting success of 110 field engineers, 6 regional managers and 45 subcontractors in the U.S. and Canada, with $18 million in annual revenues.
· Remained responsible for the management and administration of P & L operations, establishment of engineer revenue quotas and supervision of budgetary line-item expenses.
Technical Manager – Western Region (1996)
· Oversaw the activities of 48 service team members, 5 district managers and 32 subcontractors in the Western U.S. and Canada.
District Service Manager (1995-1996)
· Maintained responsibility for the supervision and support of 20 field engineers in a 7-state district, as well as Alberta, Canada.
· Achieved sales quotas up to 115%, continuous annual revenues in excess of $3 million.
· Key member of team responsible for developing and servicing major corporate accounts.
Branch Technical Manager – Los Angeles (1992-1995)
Field Engineer, Omaha (1989-1990)
Logistics Packaging Corporation
Oversaw the activities of manufacturing personnel, as well as equipment maintenance for blow molding operation. Ensured team members remained in compliance with all health and safety regulations, as well as met or exceeded production quotas.
Petty Officer 2nd Class, United States Navy
Developed and utilized knowledge of personnel management and training, including scheduling and evaluations of assigned staff members. Remained responsible for ensuring the health, welfare and security of all subordinates. Maintained U.S. Military Secret Security Clearance.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Pursued Bachelors Degree in Business Administration
Completed coursework in: Accounting, Business Management, marketing, Economics, Sociology, Trigonometry and Geometry
Associates Degree in Electronics – U.S. Navy
Strategic management course for Corporate Development – DePaul University
Strategic Selling and Negotiating of Professional Services – Hahn Consulting
Best practices of Service Pricing and marketing – Hahn Consulting
7 Habits of Highly Successful People
Dale Carnegie Sales Seminar
Certified – Microsoft PowerPoint