604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Seeking a position where network engineering/administration and software development skills and experience will add value. Accustomed to long hours in pursuit of company goals.
· More than 10 years of hardware/software experience includes programming, configuration, troubleshooting and support. Strong in Oracle, Access, SQL Server and wireless networks.
· Networking: experienced troubleshooting and supporting client/server and wireless technologies, including 802.11x and RFID Passive Tag.
· OS: familiar with Windows 95/98/2000/XP/CE, MS-DOS, Symbian, EPOC OS.
· Programming: Visual Basic, QBASIC, Embedded Visual Basic, VB Script, C, C++, SIBO C, Embedded Visual C, PL/SQL, database scripting, XHTML, HTML, XML, Java; now upgrading skills to include C# and .NET architecture.
· Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, FrontPage and many others.
· Regularly given toughest networking problems to solve for key Fortune 500 client, traveling three hours to provide assistance despite other technicians located 15 min. away (1999-present).
· C++ and Visual C++ Programming, Visual Basic and COM+ for Enterprise Applications, Oracle 8 Comprehensive and Oracle 8i Database Administration: Learning Tree International, Reston, VA and Rockville, MD (2000-2001).
· MCSA and MCSE for Windows 2000: BrainBench.com, Lancaster, PA (2002).
Currently completing CCNA and MCDBA certification (both due in late 2002).
IT Consultant: Able Associates, Mount View, PA
Provide network support, software development and related services to key IT clients.
· Designed, set up and currently support wireless network, with 12 Cisco APs on Windows NT server and 40-50 handhelds running Teklogix at major client warehouse.
· Support network in corporate office, with two servers running Windows 2000.
· Handpicked to upgrade and maintain all handheld data collection devices currently in use at client warehouse in Franklin, PA.
· Wrote handheld client applications to track massive inventory of trademark data files in two locations, using Borland C++ and MS Embedded Visual Tools.
· Helped retain $20-million contract with top client after working 16-hour days for four months to clean up Access database and repair reporting problem using Excel and Crystal Reports.
· For valuable contributions, retained during 75% reduction in headcount.
· Rapidly promoted from roles as Software Tester, Technical Rep and Software Developer.