604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
General Home Repairs – Plumbing – Landscaping – Painting
Energetic worker with a broad range of general home maintenance and repair skills. Excel at troubleshooting, problem solving, readily understanding instructions of a complicated nature, and responding to challenges with a "get the job done" attitude. Grasp client's requirements and management's needs quickly and apply appropriate actions to complete tasks in a timely manner. Focused on personal and professional growth and stability.
· Manage general maintenance duties, including brush and spray painting, wallpapering, dry wall construction, and general grounds landscaping and upkeep.
· Troubleshoot and repair roof leaks and waterproofing problems, involving installation of exterior downspouts, replacement of drains and piping, and unclogging of drains and pipes.
· Handle a wide range of carpentry jobs, including building kitchen cabinets, constructing stairs, installing doors and frames, installing windows, constructing wheelchair-accessible ramps and handrails, and refinishing furniture.
· Install electrical wiring and fixtures in new construction and perform troubleshooting and repair on existing wiring, including balusters, end sockets, 110 utility outlets, light switches, and telephone lines.
· Repair and install plumbing for kitchens and bathrooms.
Maintenance Work Crewmember
2002 – 2004
Georgia State Penitentiary, Atlanta, GA
Participated in work crews on the maintenance of residential, office, and industrial areas. Worked projects from initial conception to occupancy. Played a key role in gutting and refurbishing a warehouse space into minimum security residential space.
· Served in role of assistant crew foreman, managing other inmates’ schedules and maintaining work rosters and assignments.
· Identified alternate materials that saved the institution 17% in materials cost.
· Monitored work site safety procedures and trained new workers in proper safety techniques.
1999 – 2002
General Cabinetry Solutions, Dalton, GA
Performed design and construction on new and retrofitted custom-made doors, cabinets, and staircases. Operated a variety of tools, including power saws, planers, jointers, routers, and pneumatic equipment.
· Maintained woodworking shop, including power and hand tools, materials, and supplies, in full operational condition. Realized less than 5% downtime for any power tool.
· Monitored and negotiated equipment maintenance contracts and service.
· Assisted owner with customizing products to meet clients’ needs.
1996 – 1999
Able Home Repair
Performed light carpentry, painting, window preparations, plumbing repair, appliance installation, and landscaping. Learned skills on the job by shadowing experienced workers.
Home Repair Techniques (Certificate)
Central Georgia Vocational School, Adult Education Services of GA State Penitentiary
Two-year instructional program covering typical home systems and highlighting the use of newly developed materials.
Washington High School (Diploma)