Executive Director Tourism
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Specialising in Education, Culture and Employment within Northern Communities
Twenty-year professional career highlighted by progressive advancement and consistent achievement within government funded initiates. Thorough understanding of North West Territories' labour market trends and how they impact on northern communities. Outstanding qualifications in building and managing public/private partnerships and joint ventures across diverse industries with top-level decision-makers.
Superior hands-on insight into career and employment issues within northern communities envisioning need from both business and user prospective. Possesses extensive professional International network with relation to community and economic development. Strong interpersonal skills utilised to inspire, coach and motivate subordinates, volunteers and diverse client groups. Strengths include:
• Strategic & Business Planning • Recruitment & Employment Expertise
• Staff & Management Training • Executive Presentations & Negotiations
• Budget & Financial Projection Experience • Public Relations & Liaison Affairs
• Consulting & Customer Service Delivery • Training, Team & Leadership Development
Modern-thinking manager with innovative forecasting & planning skills
YUKON TOURISM EDUCATION COUNCIL, Whitehorse, Yukon
1996 - 2001
Challenged to help forge new markets within designated territory ensuring meeting of objectives utilising market planning/analysis, new market / new business development, account relationship management, and field team leadership.
• Reporting to Regional Manager, led an aggressive building of sales team within district enabling progression towards sales goals / objectives. Second-in-command with relation to day-to-day operation of district, ensuring continuous improvement initiatives that consistently strengthen productivity, product quality and customer satisfaction.
• Spearheaded setting of higher presentation standards relating to selling techniques utilised with prospective clients in vehicle purchases.
TOURISM INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION OF THE YUKON, Whitehorse, Yukon
1990 - 1995
• Involved in planning, development, marketing and execution of all engagements including formation of enduring liaisons / relationships with client base.
• Personally negotiated all contracts which resulted in securing various lucriative projects such as: Canadian Ski Marathon (since 1997) and The International Casino Sound of Lights.
• Refocused marketing strategy for development of trade shows which tapped niche market of Law Enforcement Agencies.
TOURISM INDUSTRY OF SASKATECHEWAN - Education & Training, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
1988 - 1990
Retained to work with department to create and launch a major effort to develop
E.M. BROWN & ASSOCIATES INC
1983 - 1987
Sr. Consultant / Partner
Developed key networks with various communities, agencies and government departments ensuring top-producing business relationships. Performed feasibility studies in conjunction with DREE.
• Developed over 1000 strategic business plans for entreprenneurs and small businesses aiding in securing governemental funding sources.
• Conducted 90% of contracts from DREE for operational evaluations assessing management and staff performance, management information systems, marketing and growth strategies.
THREADFAST MANUFACTURING LTD
1982 - 1983
Recruited as consultant from Manpower to staff, train and supervise initalisation of new manufactoring plant resulting in raising of productivitely levels. Forged strong alliances with governement employment agencies.
• Through implementation of superior staff incentive programs helped expand staff numbers by 60%.
• Spearheaded plant's women in non-traditional roles initiative.
COMMUNITY / INDUSTRY INVOLVEMENT
• Past Co-Chair, Yukon Tourism marketing Council
• Past Member, Yukon Student Financial Assistance Committee
• Past Director, Yukon anniversaries Commission (Alaska Hwy.)
• Member, Yukon College President's Advisory Committee on Programming
• Board Member, Tourism Standards Consortium for Western and Northern Canada
• Past Director, Whitehorse Rotary Club Chair, Home Based Business Committee
• Past Director, Tourism Industry Association of Canada President, Logan Community Association
• Board Member, Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council Director, Yukon Community Futures
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING / RECOGNITION
Certificate in Business Administration (in Progress)
The Association of Tourism Professionals
University of Saskatchewan
The Canadian Institute for Organisation Management
University of Western Ontario
INDUSTRY RELATED SEMINARS / COURSES
• Management Dynamics • Personal Organisational Behaviour
• Total Quality Management • The Psychology of Negotiating
• Motivation and Self Awareness • Time Management Administration
• How to Motivate People • Conflict Resolution I
• Stress in the Workplace • Women in Management
• Human Rights in the Work Place • Communicate with Confidence
PRWRA Nicole Miller - President - Mil-Roy Consultants - 1729 Hunter's Run Drive - Orleans Ontario Canada K1C-6W2 - (613) 934-4031