Fish Hatchery Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
INTERNATIONAL FISH HATCHERY MANAGEMENT CANDIDATE
Career Focus: Aquaculture Science. Location and Travel: Open/Unlimited
Seeking opportunities in a commercial scale/worldwide aquaculture setting involving mass rearing of aquaculture species, live feed production, recirculation water systems and monitoring of water quality parameters are essential. Professional transferable skills include:
· Aquaculture Industry Experience
· Multi-Task Project Support/Research Liaison
· Project Consulting/Management
· Recirculation/Hatchery System Management
· Fluent in Spanish/French
· Water Quality Management
· Fiberglass Fabrication
· International Fish Hatchery Consulting
· Underwater Photography
· Travel Scheduling
· Budgeting/Financial Controls
· Customer Relationship Management
· Aquatic Feeding & Maintenance
· PADI Certified Diver
· Coral Propagation Strategies
· Strong Written/Verbal Communications
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Strong professional skills in the support and further development of the aquaculture industry, specific areas of interest include: International Consulting Pond Management, Sportfishing, Pond Construction, Water Quality, Diseases, Production Methods, Transport Strategies, Marketing and Business, Feeds and Feedings, Resources, Species, Reproduction, Fish Holding.
· Reputation as an innovator and enthusiastic, team-building problem-solver; key player in developing, constructing, and operating commercial aquaculture projects. Liaison to research teams operating state-of-the-art technologies and producing high quality populations. Will take responsibility and ownership of projects.
· Professional level skills assisting with plumbing, carpentry, and other aspects of system fabrication, all aspects of fish husbandry including feeding, fish grading and movement, water quality monitoring and control, fish inventory control, and fish spawning as well as strong overall multi-task, organizational skills.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT WILMINGTON, Wilmington, NC
B.A. in Aquaculture with Double Minor in French and Spanish, May 2004
GULF OF MEXICO AQUA FARMS, Trenson, LA
2000 – 2002
Marketing & Aquatic Development Manager
· Provided consulting to fish farm (40 species) with duties including harvesting and hauling; utilized language skills to communicate in French and Spanish to overseas vendors and Central American country representatives.
· Completely maintained and managed this 176-acre farm near the Gulf of Mexico.
· Responsible for the maintenance of water gardens and custom reef tanks.
· Worked closely with international fish harvesting companies and consulted with international vendors.