Recycling Plant Manager
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
RECYCLING PLANT MANAGER
Fourteen years of progressive experience working in the recycling and other industries. Background reflects strengths in managerial and leadership roles with advanced skills in employee relations, training and team building. Knowledgeable in all aspects of operations. Facilitate general business disciplines to effectively accomplish innovative processing methods, increase efficiency and produce high levels of customer satisfaction. Display effective time-management and the common sense required to accomplish both self-initiated and organizational goals. Demonstrated talents in developing and implementing new programs to improve safety and work force integrity. Entrusted to develop and secure revenue-building programs for multiple companies.
Computer Skills: MS-Windows 2000 Excel, Word and Access
Acme Waste Management, San Diego, CA
1998 - Present
Area Business Manager
- Charged with the management of two recycling processing facilities in southern California as well as maintaining authority over four buyback centers within assigned district.
- Administered multiple offices in the Escondido and San Diego Divisions.
- Planned, directed, and coordinated service operations and activities of facility and employees striving for increased efficiency.
- Maintained accountability for two processing facilities and four buyback centers in southern California.
- Recruited, hired, and trained personnel and control operations budgets and costs.
- Developed new business opportunities and set up operation and methods for the influx of high quantities of recyclable materials, and implemented operations for 20/20 acquisition.
- Designed an enhanced routing system saving revenue from a major paper account.
Geo Systems, Inc., San Diego, CA
1997 - 1998
Business Manager/Route Supervisor
- Served as a key member of team appointed to develop ways of diverting paper from the waste stream of major companies.
- Recruited new personnel for facilities under realm of management authority, ensuring their proper training and certification.
- Proposed, developed and implemented an effective paper recycling program in downtown San Diego Business Area.
- Developed business contacts and contracts, which resulted in generation of $80,000 in new revenue.
- Spearheaded recycling programs and developed and implemented new processing methods.
- Designed and implemented Waste Audit Program resulting in a dramatic reduction in cost of waste management.
- Key player in redesign and implementation of routing system that saved major paper account.
- Supervised four night routes as Route Supervisor.
Zane Recycling, San Diego, CA
1993 - 1997
- Managed up to 30 personnel in the facilities' paper recycling programs.
- Served as a Member of the City of San Marcos Recycling Task Force tasked with developing the City's recycling programs.
- Designed and implemented paper-recycling program that increased facility revenues by $60,000.
- Charged with all trucking and fleet maintenance; ensured compliance with California Department of Transportation rules and regulations, as well as federal taxes and licensures.
- Created and implemented manufacturing programs saving the company over $70,000 in waste diversion costs.
- Acted as key member of team that developed and implemented the Company's Drug and Safety Program.
- Ensured all personnel received proper training in their field and completed necessary certification programs.
- Worked directly with appropriate personnel from outside companies and vendors to set up and service contracts and accounts.
- Maintained relationship with official personnel in support of City Star Program (a youth employment program).
Baker Distributors, San Francisco, CA
1989 - 1993
- Handled route sales, delivered merchandise, maintained quality control and customer relations.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND CERTIFICATIONS
Costa Mesa College, Costa Mesa, CA
B.A., Business Administration
Total Quality Management, Recycling Company, San Diego, CA
Certified Forklift Operator • CDL A Class A Driver's License
PRWRA Barbara Adams - Career Pro Plus - Macon, GA 31204 - careerproplus.com - CareerPro20@aol.com