Food Service Supervisor Chef
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Chef and Food Service Manager with over 23 years combined experience. Noted for creative flair for generating and presenting program ideas. Able to inspire others to work at their highest level. Have a contagious passion for culinary arts.
College, St. Paul, MN
1995 - Present
Food Service Supervisor
• Manage food service operations, including Catering, College Cafeteria, and Daycare meals. Oversee hiring, training, scheduling, supervision and evaluation for a staff of seven. Accountable for setup, budget, purchasing food and equipment, inventory costs and controls, menu planning, analysis and costing, and record keeping. Assist with daily food preparation.
• Work with the Culinary Arts Instructor and students to aid in training.
Hotel, St. Paul, MN
1987 - 1995
• Oversaw food service operations: hiring, training, scheduling, supervision, evaluation and termination of kitchen personnel (30+), food and equipment purchasing, inventory costs and control, menu planning, analysis and costing, record keeping, administering operations of two dining halls, banquet facility and catering. Assisted with daily food preparation.
Hotel, St. Paul, MN
1980 - 1987
Assistant Chef / Night Supervisor
• Supervised night kitchen crew, oversaw all kitchen activities. Prepared food for all customers, including banquet preparation. Skilled in cooking soups, sauces and gravies.
• 1st Place in St. Paul Cooking Competition
• 4th Place in State of Minnesota Cooking Competition
• 1985 "Caretaker of the Year" Award
• 1st Place Chef, Food Show
• College Advisory Board, Commercial Cooking
• College Television Commercial (Cooking) spot
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
• Part-time Teaching Certificate, 1995: Foodservice Occupations, Food Service Management, Franchise Restaurant Management.
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE OF AMERICAN HOTEL & MOTEL ASSOCIATION
• Safe Serve Certified, 2000
• Certified Specialization: Food & Beverage Management, 1982-1983
NATIONAL RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION
• Cost Controls Course, 1989
ST. PAUL TECHNICAL COLLEGE, St. Paul, MN
• Certificate of Completion: Commercial Cooking, 1981
PRWRA Barb Poole - Hire Imaging - email@example.com