Director Environmental Services
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
PLANT OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR
Health Care Industries
Certified Plant Maintenance Manager who combines strong clinical engineering and facilities maintenance expertise with over 20 years experience in health care industries. Demonstrated achievements in:
• Supervision & Management • Project Management
• Strategic & Business Planning • Leadership & Communication
• Recruitment & Team Building • Training & Development
• Strategic Partnerships & Alliances • Regulatory Affairs
Axiom, Phoenix, AZ
Director - Environmental Services
Challenged to fulfill various contract assignments as Facility Maintenance Manager and/or Clinical Engineering Manager for healthcare accounts. Recently contracted to manage clinical engineering at St. Luke's Regional Medical Center in Phoenix. Requested to stay permanently by facility within six months due to high level of professional/technical competency and expertise.
• Assured hospital was in compliance with JCAHO requirements - directly responsible for two successful JCAHO surveys.
• Worked with other departmental heads and administrators to establish good working relationships and lines of communication, which were instrumental in opening of two new hospitals.
• Planned, organized, directed, and coordinated plant operation activities; provided services, repairs, and maintenance as necessary.
• Managed equipment maintenance program ensuring safe and efficient operations of hospital facility. Provided technical expertise to analyze existing equipment for cost effectiveness, reliability, and safety.
• Maintained appropriate environment for patients, employees, medical staff, and public in accordance with policies/procedures, hospital regulatory requirements, and local community and governmental agencies.
• Developed in-house diagnostic imaging equipment service program; established and maintained an effective preventative maintenance program.
• Recruited, trained, and motivated strong working team of eight employees; confirmed workforce had necessary qualifications to maintain the equipment at the reliability required.
• Identified areas that were not economically feasible to use in-house expertise and retained qualified outside services as needed; coordinated and controlled work of all contractors on site.
• Handled budgeting and controlling costs of maintenance, plant operations, new plant equipment, renovations, and new construction on hospital campus.
St. Jude's Medical Center, Dallas, TX
1989 - 1999
Director - Plant Operations/ Safety Officer
Directed activities of plant maintenance and biomedical engineering departments, including renovations and new construction projects.
• Recognized for and achieved:
• Three successful American Osteopathic Association Accreditation surveys,'First-time' JCAHO Accreditation survey (1992),
• JCAHO Accreditation survey with several commendations under the Environment of Care Standards (1995),
• JCAHO survey with no finding (1998),
• Two Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities surveys.
• Installed and implemented computerized maintenance records systems in both departments.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
1964 - 1989
as Instructor, Radiology Service Engineer, Training Director, and Service Manager. Employers included:
United States Army Medical Equipment School; Phoenix, AZ (11/87-11/89)
Veterans Hospital; Phoenix, AZ (1/87-11/87)
Medical Instrumentation Systems, Inc.; Oklahoma City, OK (1/86-1/87)
United States Army, Biomedical Equipment Systems (6/64-12/85)
Colorado State University
B.S., Technical Management
Colorado State University
A.A.S., Biomedical Equipment Technology
Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI)
American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE)
National Fire Protection Association