604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Proven ability to increase company profits through superior customer service as an insurance industry advocate leveraging insurance industry specialization, creative problem solving, attention to detail, and persistence.
MetLife, Inc., Mt. Prospect, IL
Sr. Case Manager Specialist, Clinical Claims Unit
• Investigate new and continuing claims for eligibility, disability determination, payment or denial, rehabilitation potential and benefit integration in order to coordinate company savings in the best way possible.
• Coordinate new and continuing claims to the rehabilitation department, Social Security department, or the special claims handling unit to best utilize available assets.
• Adjudicate claims and negotiate settlements.
• Assist claim units as a Tax Specialist.
• Participate in and lead Director initiated letter committee, which evolved into a new computer generated letter format saving the company money, and allowing the claims department more time to focus on the claims.
• Provide comprehensive customer service to Employers, Employees and Account Representatives, managing 170 to 200 claims on a regular basis.
Gateway Corporation, Chicago, IL
1996 - 1998
• Channeled new and continuing claims for payment, investigation and/or denial creating savings for the company whenever possible, while handling over 180 regular claim logs.
• Trained newly hired claim adjusters.
• Received and acted on calls from creditors & policyholders, regarding claim status.
Amerus Life Inc, Lincolnwood, IL
1996 - 1996
Client Relations Representative
• Processed all incoming mail for clients' mortgage insurance policies.
• Acted as liaison between mortgagors, and Moran Financial Services.
1,2,3 Financial, Des Plaines, IL
1995 - 1995
Group Marketing Assistant
• 1,2,3 Financial, Des Plaines, IL February 1995 to December 1995
• Initiated and processed group proposals as requested by field agents including follow-up.
• Provided comprehensive customer support for policyholders and insurance agents.
• Wrote and designed broker and client newsletters.
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Windows NT, Windows XP, Lotus, Internet, document imaging
Northeastern Illinois University, Chicago, IL
B.A., Communications/Marketing Life Insurance License
Life Insurance License obtained July 2002
PRWRA Janice Sacramento - email@example.com - Trainer, Lake County, IL, - Workforce Development Program