604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
CASTING DIRECTOR – FILM INDUSTRY
RESTORE CASTING, Wilmington, NC
2002 – Present
Manager/Casting Assistant (Film and Television)
· Built company while in school and through networking production companies, including: Paramount, Sony Pictures, 20th Century Fox, Miramax, DreamWorks SKG, Warner Brothers, Spelling Entertainment, Buena Vista.
· Supervised and handled issues and multiple special events related to casting assignments including public relations and marketing. Designed strategies for effective auditions, call backs with directors and special events.
· Communicated with media outlets (newspapers, television, radio stations) to organize promotions, press events and casting calls.
· Coordinated multiple film and television departmental personnel to manage high profile personalities and their individual requirements. Arbitrated negotiations between high profile personalities and unions (SAG and AFTRA).
· Successfully developed and implemented database software to support casting activities.
· Researched and produced protocol to ensure strict adherence to child labor laws in various states.
· Researched and wrote infrastructure, standards, goals, policy and procedure, and systems.
· Knowledge of Film Industry
· Research Efficiency/Organization
· Media/Relations/Public Relations
· Media Efficiency/Integrations
· Creative, Team Oriented General Manager
· Media Efficiency/Integration
· Event Planning & Management
· Multi-Project/Multi-Task Oriented
· Business Trend Analysis
· Customer Relationship Management
· Major Client Account Communications
· Vendor Relationship Management
· Marketing Business Development
· Budgeting/P&L Responsibility
· Video & Broadcast Technology
· Work well under pressure in demanding, time-sensitive environments. Appreciate challenges, diversity and creative opportunity. An assertive, proven leader with transferable skills from freelance casting, media relations, a film production background and management roles.
· Experienced writer/public relations professional from creative film business background including; a unique and dynamic skills set as a creative program leader with various project skills in the area of personnel/casting. Interaction with multiple film and entertainment industry professionals, and all aspects of sales, marketing, advertising, and public relations.
· Strong negotiation skills in a union and non-union setting; legal knowledge includes various labor laws.
· Extensive event planning and project coordination skills include planning press and promotional events as well as casting calls and related film, television and production work.
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT WILMINGTON, Wilmington, NC
Bachelor of Arts in Communications with an Emphasis in Media Production, August 2004
Writing for Television; Writing for Radio; Commercial Writing; Media Theory