Natural Gas Marketing Director
604 Harmony Lane
Pleasantville, CA 94588
Natural Gas Marketing Professional with over 13 years experience specializing in purchasing, gathering, transportation, and marketing throughout the Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast area. Strong customer relations individual with a background calling on major decision makers representing key accounts, using consultative techniques throughout a multiple level process, and negotiating profitable contracts. Create and implement persuasive account strategies in a competitive marketplace, develop new business, and grow accounts. Involved in acquisitions, new well development, contract administration, gas control, and imbalance coordination.
Helix International, Houston, Texas
1996 - Present
Marketing and Sales Manager
Generate the sale of natural gas marketing services and act as an agent for accounts throughout the Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast area. Call on presidents, vice presidents, business owners, and marketing directors who represent independent natural gas producers. Purchase spot and long-term gas supplies. Reported to the President until reorganization in 1998 and now to the Vice President of Supply.
• Grew accounts from zero to over 20 customers within the first year, using contacts to bring accounts on board.
• Enabled company to market over 50 million cubic feet per day throughout a two-year contract and receive prepayment on this account.
• Assisted producers with natural gas acquisitions.
• Handled negotiations and contract administration for several new well connects (included auditing daily production for imbalance penalties).
• Initiated and set-up lines of credit for customers that generated increases in gas purchases.
• Participated on a team that grew the company from 30 to 100 employees, with personal responsibility for resolving problems within various departments.
World Management Concepts, Houston, Texas
1990 - 1996
Managed all operations of the spot marketing department with primary focus on Mid-Continent and Gulf Coast production and marketing. Emphasized drilling operations, visited sites, and interacted with superintendents and pipeline field personnel. Coordinated tie-ins for new wells. Supervised an office administrator, contract administrator, and accountant. Oversaw contract administration. Reported to the President.
• Built all accounts for this start-up business to an estimated monthly revenue in excess of $1 million.
• Developed a productive department by implementing controls to maintain overhead, establishing policies and procedures, and initiating a staff development training program.
• Oversaw gas control for the building of a pipeline, as well as gas balancing for the system.
• Served as agent for most producers.
Geo Consultants, Houston, Texas
1987 - 1990
Coordinated and directed all operations of the Gas Supply Department in the satellite office. Supervised two contract administrators and front desk clerk. Gained thorough understanding of the operations of a gas marketing department, with a broad range of responsibility.
• Assisted Vice President with all coordinating and purchasing of natural gas.
• Built a portfolio of smaller independent accounts for this start-up company.
Lincoln, Beale & Frank, Houston, Texas
1986 - 1987
Gas Acquisition Analyst
Assisted buyers in all areas of purchasing natural gas for start-up of the Houston supply office. Plotted new wells, produced marketing letters, maintained records of new wells being drilled, and handled contract administration and customer service activities.
• Microsoft Windows 95 and Word
• Internet Proficient
Houston Energy Association
- Officer on the Board of Directors
Natural Gas Association of Oklahoma
National Energy Services Association
PRWRA Sandy Hild - The Résumé Doctor - Theresumedoctor@aol.com - email@example.com - http://www.theresumedoctor.com